This version of Locus API is deprecated and will not be developed anymore
Check new version on Google Code repository together with How toGoogle Codeold text:
I have started to work on simple API that allow use some extra Locus features directly without need to create manually some byte array or similar as in previous attempts. So, count that this is just an Beta version, but what it contain:Locus API, now moved to code.google repository - http://code.google.com/p/android-locus-map/
- if you'll be interested in publishing data here, together with some more info, tell me, otherwise I'll probably place all on code.google.com site9.12.2011 - VERSION 9
- require Locus 1.15.0 (or at least testing version 126.96.36.199)
1) new "mExtraOnDisplay" callback on Point object. Allow to send only partial data to locus and load them only when needed
2) Intent call 'INTENT_ON_POINT_ACTION' now receive complete point also with GC data!
3) new possibility to send data to locus. Store byte on card and send link to Locus by EXTRA_POINTS_FILE_PATH. Sample under button 10
4) some minor improvements on Locus and API side24.11.2011 - VERSION 8
1) actualized Geocaching attributes and also constructor needs to be used now for creating 21.10.2011 - VERSION 7
1) added support for older intent-filters directly into API
2) added support for new intent-filter - MAIN_FUNCTION that allow add your app directly into list of functions and also to right quick menuVERSION 5/6
1) added function to import file directly into locus
2) some small refractoring and update of sampleVERSION 4
1) thanks to Arcao, for some Locus check functions (check menion.android.locus.addon.publiclib.LocusUtils file)
2) added boolean value "found" to set if cache is already ... foundVERSION 3
1) some minor changes that fits actual Locus, changed time format in geocaching dataVERSION 2
1) improved sending to Locus, not thanks to ContentProvider so almost unlimited amount of data (limit is around 4MB as I noticed, so more then enough)
2) ability to call intent with parametr "Import to database", which lunch direct import to Locus point databaseVERSION 1
1) Ability to send points into Locus. It's similar to this http://forum.asamm.cz/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=34
but much simplier (callback is still supported, but it's named as 'extra')
2) You can send also complete Geocache with all information
3) Sample application contain whole skin for top bars, so you can inspire and create addon with same design as have Locus.
this API is just library you attach to your project. Look at sample and try to run it to see what is and isn't possible now. Comments and discussion are of course welcome.