"Map text size" also to apply to the scale text size, please

Started by svartbjorn, June 22, 2011, 22:58:01

svartbjorn

The new
  Settings > Map > Map text size
is excellent! Combined with the "Color on map" setting this is just perfect! Thank you!

I have one small wish: could you enable this "Map text size" also to apply to the scale text? May I also suggest a thicker scale indicator line? And the vertical lines at each end do not seem to have the outline as the horizontal line.
  •  

Menion

hmm it's a little problem with scale because it's not same type of map object as other lines and text that use new settings. Is wrongly readable for you? As you can see on screenshot, whole scale lines are now black in center and white around, so it should be readable at all circumstances
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

svartbjorn

Yes, I noticed the white outline, but the vertical line segments at each end is not that easy to see. When standing still the scale is definitely not a problem, but the readability becomes an issue when you need to take a quick look at the map while running, flying, .... That is why larger fonts, thicker lines would help.

DISTANCE RINGS:
Regarding scale: on Garmin G1000 navigation systems in airplanes, there is something similar to your "Time rings", namely "Distance rings". That is widely used to report your position relative to know points.

Could you add a "Distance rings"  entry in your Map menu? The distance should then show the distance in units as specified in the Settings > Localization > Length units. To avoid interference on the map, the user should only enable one of them, either "Time rings" or "Distance rings", at a time. Alternatively the "Distance rings" could have another color and the text could be displayed at the lower half of the circle. This would be a great feature!
  •  

Menion

interesting ideas :)

i'll look at it. About different colors ... this is possible. I just do not want to add too much "color selectors" for every item on map .. hmm
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •