[APP] - version 0.8.0 released

Started by Menion, December 19, 2010, 08:50:50

Menion

Finally I did what I wanted almost since begining! To rewrite downloading method to really new fast system. So try please and let me know how this works! It's really important to work well

I also created this manual page
 mainly on bottom is page with description of download types! so read it!!

EDIT 23.12.2010
new version 0.8.0 is on market now!
I pretend some problems with database and tile downloading. It's too big change to whole system and needs to be tested a lot, to work well. So if you have any problems write me please here or on email!!!

If you want to use app and your problems don't allow this, use version 0.7.2 (attached here) and wait for new version here or on market!

Thanks to all, be tolerant if any mistake occur and don't forget to give me some positive comment on market ;)

EDIT 20.12.2010

new version for testing!
added:
  • exporting of POIs
  • support for all types of geocaching logs
  • improved speed of POI handling
  • direct link to manual page on Map download config screen
  • and some minor fixs of course ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

Hey guys" 7 downloads and no response? I really need some feedback!, mainly about new downloading style ... :)

also you should give vote into poll, what you really need! It helps me to decide what's important ...
  •  

spawny

Hi.

Thanks for another great update. I really like the "online shared mode". Once it was telling me that the database could not be opened but after I revisited the download page I continued and it worked fine. I think the old model (TAR) can be removed. The download into a separate map can be useful if you want to offer downloads of whole cities for example or, as you said, to make some room on a limited sd card ;)

I imported some POI from an gpx file which went fine. However no luck with kml-files. I would like to see a feature where you can move POIs from one category into another, since I don't want to delete and recreate one, just because I added it to the wrong category. Another small improvement would be to switch off a category completely instead of unchecking all containing POIs.

Handling of POIs if fast and easy ... it's great that it shows a list of POIs if there are more than one within the touched region!

Another small issue: if top panel is hidden and you touch something on the bottom panel, then the other panels will appear which is not wanted I guess!?
  •  

Menion

finally anyone :) thank you!

fine, so ...
  • TAR mode will remain for a while ... alter will be deleted.
  • with opening database, there is probably problem when you download any map and in same time you look on this map. I'll try to fix this ..
  • KML problem founded today morning, so maybe fixed. May you send me any kml to test? I tested only some samples from google page.
  • showing other panels when touch on any is not wanted, you're right. It's old functionality from previous hiding method. Fixed now ...

So, thanks!
  •  

spawny

Hi,

I attached a KML-file that couldn't be imported ... I think it came from Google Earth.

[attachment=0:53zge455]Island.zip[/attachment:53zge455]
  •  

Menion

thanks,
  file tested and all points imported correctly in new (0.8.0) version. I saw that in KML file are tags with address and phone numbers. I'm not sure it they're valid KML tags, but I should do support for this also if it's useful ...
  •