Refresh of already cached tiles

Started by asam1818, June 03, 2011, 15:01:42

asam1818

I still watching the development of refreshing outdated map tiles. I see you post at Cache expiration time. Thats half of a solution.

I also remember what you said
Quotead 1. it was requested here a lot of time. I know I have to do but I still have no idea how to simply implement into app. So if you search, you'll find few similar requests

MY idea would be

1. to use the already available download option. I can already download a part of a map and store it into the cache database used together with online maps. There should just be an option to force the download for tiles already stored within the cache. If I today try to download a map area a second time it will not download available tiles a second time. If you could add an option (even with some securitry questions to avoid unnessecary double downloads) to overwrite the already existing tiles it would be great.

2. to add new a menu option "refresh screen online" to just reload the currently visible screen from online.
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  I thought that "Cache expiration time" solve this problem. Looks you want also refresh to stored offline maps. Hmm, I was already thinking about some possibility to overwrite already downloaded tiles with actual working downloading mechanism ... ok, I'll do it
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

rvheddeg

I'm also very interested in this functionality. Is this already implemented? If yes, how could I use this?

Thanks,

Roeland
  •  

vdm

Hi all,
I'm very interested in this option too!

My vision of this feature is following - add just one button which clears cached tiles with current zoom on the screen.
Use case: I've just changed some area on OSM, and I want to reload this area without clearing rest of cache.
Setting of tile lifetime is not suitable for this case - I don't want to loose all the rest maps, just reload a couple of screens.
  •  

szebenyib

This is a really useful option! Reload area, reload specified zoom levels of it, it may be useful indeed.
  •  

Menion

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •