Queued map updates download twice

Started by NickJP, November 24, 2018, 21:08:59

NickJP

I noticed today that map updates were available, so I downloaded the updates for the various Australian states and territories. Downloads that I initiated and waited for them to complete before starting the next were fine, but when I queued the remaining downloads, I noticed that they each appeared twice in the list of ongoing downloads, and they did each download twice. I definitely did *not* select each update twice when checking for updates. See screenshot below from the ongoing downloads screen. This is Locus Map Pro 3.34.1 on a Pixel 2 running Android 9.

•  

Menion

Hello, this is really interesting, I've never seen this issue before.

Hard to say how to help here. Usually, best is to simulate the same problem on own device. Were you doing something that may cause this problem, something un-usuall? Also, are you able to repeat this issue again?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

NickJP

I wasn't doing anything unusual. I've used the same procedure in the past when map updates were available, queuing the downloads. If I delete the maps from Locus to try to repeat the problem, won't I have to purchase them again to download them again?
  •  

Menion

If we talk about LoMaps, then no worry, they may have been downloaded again without paying. Just be a worry for other tiles maps (like Shocart, etc), here is usually necessary to pay again. This is always written in "terms of use" under every map.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

NickJP

Well, I removed three of the maps and downloaded them again, which meant that two of them were queued, and didn't get the same problem. This time the maps only appeared once in the queue and only downloaded once.
  •