Locus last version crashed three times my phone while installing.

Started by jusc, November 10, 2018, 15:30:47

jusc

Today  my S2 (CyanogenMod Android 5.1) crashed while installing new Locus version from Google Play.
I had to do a wipe/facory reset to start the phone. It works as long I donĀ“t install Locus. Otherwise I had to wipe/factory reset the phone.  Before it was running without any probles for more than three years.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Hi Jusc,
hmm, latest Locus Map version 3.34.1? Any change in version of your OS?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

hi menion,

no changes since years, because I use the phone only for "navigation" and 5.1 can still use external sd card for the Locus database.
Is it possible to get a bit older version of Locus?If yes, I would try to install this and we can see what happens.

Regards J.
  •  

c.s.g.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: jusc

Christian

Should we have a matrix list ? ...which version of Locus Map on which phone with which version of Android rooted or not with which Google library...?
  •  

Menion

Thanks c.s.g,
hmm matrix-list ... is it really needed? App should work on all devices generally without problems.

Only limitation is Android version: http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:devices_older_android

I know, stupid Huawei/Oppo/Nokia, optimizations, this anyway affect all app versions no matter how old. Any other serious limitations on the certain device I should know and that should make sense to such "matrix"?

Problem jusc wrote about was fixed few years ago (a still unsolved issue in CM), then by accident again activated in some +- 3.32 version, but should be definitely solved in latest version .... aaaaaa (crazy scream) ... Android Studio deleted parameter needed to compile a valid version with this problem fixed. Damn!!
  •  

jusc

Quote from: c.s.g. on November 10, 2018, 19:54:25
Because of another problem, you can download Ver. 3.33.2 here.
Thank you
Perfect, no problems with install at the moment. :-)
Regards J.
  •  

Christian

Quote from: menion on November 11, 2018, 00:39:12
Thanks c.s.g,
hmm matrix-list ... is it really needed? App should work on all devices generally without problems.

Only limitation is Android version: http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:devices_older_android

I know, stupid Huawei/Oppo/Nokia, optimizations, this anyway affect all app versions no matter how old. Any other serious limitations on the certain device I should know and that should make sense to such "matrix"?
I'm on the search for a new phone. Which one should i buy? There are a lot of posts here in Forum and on Helpdesk also about Locus not working properly on X or Y phone. When you gonna stop supporting 4.1. devices? A matrix would help. Or a version of Locus working on all phones...

Jusc, sorry for highjacking your thread.
  •  

Menion

@jusc , if you will have a while, may you please try latest Beta version? I believe that issue will be fixed, but rather just in case. Thank you
  •  

jusc

@menion,
thanks for your offer. Where can I get the beta version?
Regards J.
  •  

c.s.g.

•  

jusc

Thanks to C.S.G. for the link.
@menion,
the beta was installed without any problems.
But the theme menu looks strange . In my last pro it looks normal
Regards J.
  •