[APP] - version 3.33/3.34 ( 26. 9. 2018 )

Started by Menion, September 26, 2018, 21:40:46

Menion

Important links
- blog post about major version
- list of news of public versions

Versions
26. 9. 2018 - Locus 3.33.0
28. 9. 2018 - Locus 3.33.1
10. 10. 2018 - Locus 3.33.2
12. 10. 2018 - Locus 3.33.2.1, BETA
1. 11. 2018 - Locus 3.34.0
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

The issue with the start of navigation: found and fixed. Unfortunately, there is currently no workaround, except to use Route planner to create navigation route and avoid "Navigate to". The new version will be published most probably on Friday. I just want tomorrow collect some more problems (if any appear).

@tapio
in case, the distance between points is less than 0.5m, app display breaks instead because there is the high risk of incorrect gradient values. And this is your case. You have defined in recording profile distance = 0m? Suggest to set there at least 1 (m) to avoid this issue.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

JoxM

Hello again,

In the new V3.33 Locus crashes more or less immediately when I start using Geocaching4Locus add-on. Sometimes already on the map, sometimes while opening a listing, sometimes after some clicks in the listing.
No crash report, no error message. It just gets killed.
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Just gave a quick test with G4L, but everything there seems to work for me.

But, tapping Load Pocket Queries makes it crash.  Report sent.  I don't know if it's relevant, but Groundspeak was sending error 500 codes earlier in the day; maybe that messed up my login state.  "Profile not loaded."  But even now that Groundspeak is properly sending PQs again and after restarting Locus, it still crashes.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: menion on September 27, 2018, 00:23:24You have defined in recording profile distance = 0m? Suggest to set there at least 1 (m) to avoid this issue.
It is and was always set to 10m. And I don't understand: the display was always alright. Then, one or two versions ago, Locus showed crazy values. Now you did something about it, but graph looks broken. Why did it work, say, in the beginning of 2018?

Edit: Ah, I have set 10m OR 5s. Maybe, but cannot remember I changed it to OR and then its my fault. Changed it to AND an will see...
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Weird, just today morning (GMT+1) I've published new 3.33.1 version

But if I see correctly, it is still not available for download :/. Most probably some issue on the Google server. So just for your information ... the version is out and the issue is not on our side. Thanks.

@tapio
I thought it will be this issue ;).
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio, erfi

zossebart

Nice enhancements to the routeplanner, I like it very much!

But one thing: is it intentional that I can't create a nav point on a hand-drawn part of the route? After tapping on the instruction sign (for example 'turn left'), nothing happens! On other (routed via Brouter) parts of the route this works just fine!

Gesendet von meinem D5503 mit Tapatalk

•  

lor74cas

Is it possible to add the exit button as one of the selectable option for the panels?
A fried has a phone without back fisical button and to exit needs always to open the main menu.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

@zossebart
ah, good observation. Complicated task :). I'll look on it tomorrow, but can't promise. Will probably have to merge line before and after, created from it a route with only three points and change middle point to desired navigation command. Little weird ... :/

@lor74cas
hmm no back button? One of the most used buttons on Android?? How he control other apps, no problems??
I'm really not sure how useful such a button may be to others ... sounds to me as really useless :/. If he have enabled fullscreen mode (he probably has) then he may also swipe from left to open main menu. Then it's almost no extra work for this one-time task I think. Sorry, I've convinced myself, that such button really does not make sense :).
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on September 30, 2018, 18:55:19
@lor74cas
hmm no back button? One of the most used buttons on Android?? How he control other apps, no problems??
I'm really not sure how useful such a button may be to others ... sounds to me as really useless :/. If he have enabled fullscreen mode (he probably has) then he may also swipe from left to open main menu. Then it's almost no extra work for this one-time task I think. Sorry, I've convinced myself, that such button really does not make sense :).
Yes fullscreen mode covers the virtual back button, ok I'll tell him to use swipe method I hope he will be more confortable with it.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: lor74cas on October 01, 2018, 09:09:06Yes fullscreen mode covers the virtual back button
Same here, but you typically swipe the bottom Android buttons to front if you swipe from the buttom up. So, there are options :)
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

gynta

Last Pro:
Changing language:
Have to restart twice to see changed language.
Maybe a effect of too short (3 sec) auto restart?

Menion

Hi,
I also noticed this some time ago, but because the change of language is quite a big hack, I do not know how more improve this. Anyway usually you change this once, so I do not consider this as a big problem.
  •  

gynta

Hello Menion

Statusbar Live tracking info

please remove/change/add some spaces.
example: servicename, 40s 8m 2/0

milan.cejnar

Hello Gynta,
thank you for spotting the issue with LT statusbar, looks really odd. I will be fixing this promptly.

Have a nice day,
Milan
  •