unnecessary zoom level change when importing POIs

Started by marujave, September 19, 2018, 08:36:52

marujave

Since the GSAK DB addon live update is no longer working, one has now to import geocaches manually as POIs.

Unfortunately, this does always change the zoom level at the end of the import.

This may be a feature to view all imported POIs, for me it's not very helpful. Is it possible to disable this behaviour or to make it configurable? (perhaps in the import dialogue).

Thanks in advance for your answer
marujave
  •  

bongo

having an option to disable this auto-zoom-out and keep the actual view while importing waypoints would really be an advantage, but i would prefer to have this option permanent in the tool settings!
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
the problem for you is that you set "Show on map after import" and app after import center on all visible items right?
So you would like an option like "Show on map after import and do not change the zoom and map center"?
You can still uncheck "Show on map after import" option ;).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

marujave

Hi menion

If I uncheck "Show on map after import" option, the map will not zoom out but the imported POIs are not set to visible. This is really not what we want, we import the caches to see them on the map. But it is not needed, to zoom out te see them all at once.

I wouldn't mix the two options "Show on map after import" and "do not change the zoom and map center". As bongo stated, the zoom option could also be a permanent setting since the dialogue I mentioned doesn't show up if caches are read from the GSAK DB addon without importing them (option "allow import" disabled in GSAK DB addon).
  •  

Menion

So same as I wrote above.

Sorry guys, you will have to live with two current options. What you trying to solve are not working GSAK/Geo-get live maps, otherwise, such settings have no extra practical benefit.

Thanks for understanding.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

bongo

hi menion
maybe, we misunderstood...or i didn't write correct enough what i'm doing.
what i do is not importing waypoints to a folder. i only load them as temporary objects (i think they are called like that in locus).
so whenever i load these objects, the map centers and zooms out.
so each time after loading objects, i again have to find the position on the map i was watching before and where i wanted to know if there are any objects close to this point.
so therefore, i would like to get rid of this auto-zoom/auto-center feature.
i hope i wrote this a bit more clear this time ;-)
  •