GPS position acquired and lost notifications

Started by KnightAzul, September 07, 2018, 17:10:36

KnightAzul

Hi,

I have enabled both GPS position acquired (1 beep) and GPS lost (5 beeps) notification sounds in the GPS & sensors settings. But the GPS lost notification sound does not seem to be working as expected.

Sometimes I notice that once the GPS position has been acquired I get the GPS position acquired notification sound, then after some time, I hear the GPS position acquired notification sound again. However, inbetween I did not get the GPS lost notification sound. This does not happen all the time. On other occasions I do get the GPS lost notification sound.

Some possible explanations:

* The GPS position was lost, I didn't get the GPS position lost notification sound, and now I am getting the GPS position acquired notification sound. This would be a bug.

* The GPS position acquired notification sound depends on the accuracy of the GPS rather than the GPS position actually being lost. If the GPS accuracy falls below a threshold then the GPS is not registered as lost, and when the accuracy improves I get the GPS position acquired notification sound again

* There is a timer before triggering the GPS lost notification sound, and my GPS is reconnecting before that timer has expired

Thanks for any explanation!

KnightAzul
  •  

KnightAzul

I think I might be able to answer my own question!

It turns out that the "out of route" notification for navigation by default has exactly the same notification sound (1 beep) that I configured for the GPS position acquired notification sound. Therefore I could not tell the difference between the two events.

I have changed this now and hopefully all will be well!

KnightAzul
  •  

Menion

Good day,
notification on lost GPS fix is triggered after 60 seconds without any new GPS location. So if during that time, new GPS appear, notifications won't be of course played. Maybe this is your case?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

KnightAzul

Hi,
Yes, that would explain it!
Just one more thing to fully understand, if during those 60 seconds a new GPS location is obtained, is the position acquired notification sound played when that new GPS location is obtained?
Thanks,
KnightAzul
  •  

Menion

Hello,
app internally keep current state ... so:
- app receive valid location, "fixed" set to "yes"
- after 60 seconds without a new location, "fixed" is set to "no" (and notification is played)
- if new location is received and "fixed" is still "yes", nothing is played (so this answer your question, in these first 60 seconds, new location does not play notification on "valid" location). When "fixed" is set to "no", it change it's state to "yes" and play notification

Hope it's clear.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

KnightAzul

Perfectly clear now. Many thanks for the explanation!

KnightAzul
  •