[APP] - version 3.32.+ ( 31. 7. 2018 )

Started by Menion, July 31, 2018, 13:19:59

Andrew Heard

V 3.32.2.8: @menion - the Route Planner just gets better & better. The latest changes are very impressive.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a

Žajdlík Josef

In 3.32.2.8: as Andrew writes, the new planner is very good. I just have one comment. When I change the shaping point to a transit, I have no option to confirm the name. With the back button, changes are canceled, so the only confirmation option is a click on the map screen. I do not think this is a procedure that would follow other Locus control.

CZ: V 3.32.2.8: jak píše Andrew, nový plánovač je moc dobrý. Měl bych jen jednu připomínku. Když změním tvarovací bod na průjezdní, nemám žádnou možnost potvrdit název. Tlačítkem zpět se změny zruší, takže jediná možnost potvrzení je klik do obrazovky s mapou. Myslím, že to není postup, který by navazoval na jiné ovládání Locusu.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

Menion

@balloni55
Hmm, you are right. Reason for this was mainly "street view". I wanted to offer point screen with its bottom panel to give access to extra functions available there, mainly to Street view. But it should be a lot better, to put this function directly into "three dots" bottom menu of clicked shaping/via/etc point. This will solve also issue with the click on the map in the point detail etc. Thanks.

"Allow login over Play Service" switch? Why can't? This option is not visible? Btw. if this setting is disabled, most probably on your device isn't Google Play services installed at all, is it possible? You may check it by the number of options in "login" to Store. In case of "Google/Facebook/Email" => Google Play services are installed. If only "Email" is available, they aren't installed.

@Andrew Heard

@Žajdlík Josef
changes should not be lost after you press the back button. Anyway, any better solution? I want to get rid of confirmation buttons as much as possible.

@0709
thanks, I'll try it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Quote from: menion on September 19, 2018, 16:01:19
@Žajdlík Josef
changes should not be lost after you press the back button. Anyway, any better solution? I want to get rid of confirmation buttons as much as possible.

I guess yes, in the case of a mistake, the point can be easily changed to shape. Or use the Enter key. The first click moves the cursor into the "description" field. The second click will confirm and exit the dialog. Now the second click moves the cursor to the next line in the "description" field. At the same time, I would still have the option of ending by clicking on the map.
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on September 19, 2018, 18:40:17
Quote from: menion on September 19, 2018, 16:01:19
@Žajdlík Josef

I guess yes, in the case of a mistake, the point can be easily changed to shape. Or use the Enter key. The first click moves the cursor into the "description" field. The second click will confirm and exit the dialog. Now the second click moves the cursor to the next line in the "description" field. At the same time, I would still have the option of ending by clicking on the map.
+1

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Andrew Heard

First observed in 3.22.2.7 or 3.22.2.8: track > INFORMATION tab displayed > tap Export > export dialog is displayed > tap EXPORT > tap CLOSE > same export dialog is again displayed - why? Previously after an export the track INFORMATION tab was again displayed, and would seem a more useful workflow. I don't think many users would want to export same track multiple times in a row. Can the previous behavior be restored?

Menion

@Žajdlík Josef, @lor74cas
understand, but to be true, I also do not like this option. Closing dialog by "enter" button on keyboard is also not obvious. Will have to wait on my "muse" with the useful idea :).

@Andrew Heard
ah thanks, side effect, fixed.
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion new 3.33.0RC1 on Android 7.1.1 tablet. Android location disabled (in home). Always crashing. Eg menu > About > About > back > crash. Track list > back > crash. GPS > off > back > crash. But not menu > About > back. It seems always when Back button is tapped. If I just leave the app idle it does not crash. If I zoom/ pan map the app does not crash. I have never seen behavior like this before.
  •  

T-mo

menion, nice to see the last improvements

3.33.0RC1
route planner (example-scenario with at least 3 shaping points)

- click on any  'Shaping point':
    - labels next to 'change to' always have no.1..might be confusing
    - choosing blue icon to change to 'via point' > opens dialog 'Icon & name'..the already given blue std-icon is not given..I choose to press the return-key as I don't want to input anything or as I'm confused (maybe) > all is fine, back in the route-planner. Click on the same point which I changed to 'Via point': no text 'Via point' next the Point-Icon (Description)

- clicking Point 2 'Shaping Point'
> Selection-dialog: Part 1 of route, Part 2 of route, Shaping point, etc...
    - 'selection 'Part 1 of route' selects the last trackpoint, seems so
    - 'selection 'Part 2 of route' selects the next trackpoint, seems so
   ..in both cases the parts are completely selected and highlighted, but the pop-up is about the trackpoint

- clicking a Part of a route near the rose/pink Part/Segment-Profile-icon
  - counting of 'Route segments' starts with 0..intended?
  - I would mean 'Parts' and 'Segments' of a route to be the same thing, reg. word-description and by highlighting..but it is handled diffently. Maybe this is sort of artificial complexity and there should only be 1 thing for the same?

- by mistake I choosed the wrong routing-engine or maybe I want to switch to compare the results..recalculation tells me that this is only possible with the used engine (and profiles)..as the used profiles might be engine-special this makes sense. Any way to re-define/-choose profiles for each segments or reuse the whole point-list while planning?

questions:
- waypoints are direction-descriptions (and only this), trackpoints are only internal points ('Part of Route' gives me e.g. Trackpoint 52, and by selection on the part here and there I can try to hit Trackpoint 51..48..)
- I guess you reduced the trackpoint-pop-up in the routeplanner to reduce complexity, because at regular tracks I can jump to the next trackpoint or before AFAIR..

wishes:
- a list of all used Shaping/Via-points and the dot-menu for point-changing next to all of them, and the ability to add or remove points. Maybe placed between 'chart' and 'waypoints' @Route-Stats. This might be the ability to work on compact list-views instead of map only (visual-only).
  •  

LocusUser#1

Here are my findings in 3.33.0 RC1

1. When I load a track into the route planner, the icon in the red dot always shows a car, even if the track was previously created as hiking.

2. The thumbnails in the track list are broken again.

3. The start point icon is not always displayed correctly.

4. The symbol of a waypoint is not displayed, instead only a blue dot is displayed.

5. FC when i make this: More functions > Share > Share screen > CANCEL
  •  

lor74cas

3.33.0 RC1 Livetracking one touch to start to have a crash

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard
thanks for the send log, it helped! (crashes should be solved)

@T-mo
very nice feedback, thank you!

- first three paragraph: improved/changed
- problem with selecting different router: may you write me step-by-step what you did? I'm unable to simulate any problem
- in Route planner was never possible to move between trackpoints. It was always possible only in "Track editor". Here it partially makes sense, but still not too much :).
- wish: an interesting idea. I have one idea (integration of something like "Navigate to" into Route planner"), so it will be close to what you want.

@LocusUser#1
1. ah issue, fixed thanks
2. nice, fixed
3. hmm start point without background? Any steps to reproduce?
4. again, any steps? For me, all via points created in Route planner are displayed correctly
5. thanks, fixed

@lor74cas
thanks, most probably connected to crashed of Andrew and LocusUser. Check please next version and if the issue will be still there, better step-by-step will be needed.
  •  

erfi

@menion:
Quote4. The symbol of a waypoint is not displayed, instead only a blue dot is displayed.
Look also at here: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/waypoints-not-shown-consistently-in-rc1
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on September 23, 2018, 16:23:00
@Andrew Heard
thanks for the send log, it helped! (crashes should be solved)
@menion - thanks - I just installed RC1 on Android 8 phone (previously v7 tablet), and it too crashes for same reasons. Strange that no one else has reported this problem - what is special about my tablet & phone?
  •  

Menion

Thanks guys ... new BETA RC2, give it a try.

And Andrew ... special, maybe Dashboard, do not exactly know, but I believe it will work now :).