Creating Custom Icons (hot spot - center center) seems not to work

Started by Udo, July 24, 2018, 10:45:28

Udo

Hi,
I am just testing Locus Map as replacement for my beloved but dead Cachesense. I think Locus is one of the best that I have tested right now.

My Question/Problem:
I tried to create my own custom geocaching icons, extraction the official new Groundspeek icons. That worked, using this manual: (http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:advanced:customization:icons&s[]=custom&s[]=icons).I just had to add transparency and and set the color mode  to indexed 8bit (maybe someone could add that information to the manual...)

I can see my custom icons in the map and in my poi List now  :). But if I try to change the icons to hot spot - center center (adding _hscc to the filename) they are not displayed on the map.

type_tradi.png: visible
type_tradi_hscc.png: not visible

I am not shure if it is a handling error, a bug in Locus Map or is this feature just not supported?

Kind regards

Udo
  •  

c.s.g.

Hi Udo,

if I get the info of the chapter "Geocaching icons" found here right the relationship between icon and icon grafic file name is hardcoded in Locus as you can find in the "List of possible icons" and can not be extended so far.

This would be a feature request / extension for Locus you can post / ask in the Locus Help Desk.

BTW: What is a "hot spot - center center" geocache?

Stefan
  •  

Menion

Hello Udo, Stefan,
this is correct observation.

Custom icons for geocaching have to have exact match in filename. So it is not possible to set custom hot-spot parameter. This "_hscc" parameter may be used only for generic custom icons used for non-geocache points.

I'm checking app code and it is another problem that is currently limited by little bit stupid system how Locus Map handle icons (not just custom) for geocaches.

So currently I do not have a simple quick solution for this, sorry. Anyway, I've added this topic into my task "fix stupid system for drawing of GC icons" and will look on this later, thanks for understanding.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Udo

Quote from: c.s.g. on July 24, 2018, 11:28:40
BTW: What is a "hot spot - center center" geocache?

@ Stefan:

it is not a hot spot -center center geocache but the 'zero' point of the geocache icon.

without _hscc the icon spots to a point at the center of bottom oft the icon, using _hscc this point is in the center of the icon marked as (o):

not using _hscc:
#####
#####
#####
#####
##o##

using _hscc:
#####
#####
##o##
#####
#####

Using my disk shaped icons, the position of the geocache is at the bottom of the circle, with _hscc it is centered. Depending on the zoom-level that may be some meters (you might see it in my screenshot)

Udo
  •  

c.s.g.

•  

Saturo

In Cachebox there is a function that shows the icon in high zoom levels next to the centerpoint, which is marked by a cross. So you can see the exact position.
  •