OK

both Locus and GC4L updated to latest.
  •  

Menion

Hello Marty,
may you please create a log after this error appear? Thanks

How to: http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:how_to_create_debug_log
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

MartyMcFly89

One more piece of knowledge, I found out that problems are given by geocaches, all by one owner, who recently deleted his account:

https://www.geocaching.com/profile/?u=Woidls

But the listing still exist (of course, they are never deleted)

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC6YB6K_rollischnecks-erster

•  

Menion

Ah thanks for info. This seems to be more issue in add-on Geocaching4Locus developed by @Arcao ... Arcao, may you look at it, please? Thanks!
  •  

Condor

If you are already going to deal with the update, I will add myself.
Not just the cache owner is never updated, but the same cache name. It's been so long. (My list of low priority problem). I resolve this by delete the cache and downloading again.
  •  

Menion

If you update a cache that meanwhile changes a name, change is not reflected in app?

- I've downloaded GPX file from one cache on web
- created a renamed copy and renamed cache in <groundspeak:name>
- imported first file
- imported second file and answered "overwrite" on request how to import

result: cache after second import correctly renamed. So seems that overwrite option in Locus Map works correctly.
  •  

Condor

The new import is of course a new name. I'm talking about updating the cache. It never worked. Maybe something changed a few years ago? I'm trying to verify it again.

Test result:
Not worked

•  

Menion

Confirmed ... and ... not work, damn.

It's caused by over-complicated system in detail of point. Probably harder to solve now, but will be definitely this year when I finally re-write detail screen for points/caches. Thanks
  •  

Condor

@Menion
I recommend that all databases and links be linked to the GC code (when changing the design).
This is the only constant identifying the cache. All other parameters are variable.

Quote from: Condor on August 24, 2016, 22:27:22
Apropo ked uz Ta mam na linke ;-)
Tak taky detail: Nazov kese sa neaktualizuje a aj po zmene nazvu na GC.com locus uz pri aktualizacii kes nazov nekontroluje. Neviem ci to tak je naprogramovane alebo to je chyba. Fix udaj je GCkod. Ten pripad zas ale nenastava casto takze to len tak na okraj ;-)
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Quote from: menion on June 20, 2018, 12:48:36...this year when I finally re-write detail screen for points/caches.
A good time to fix the invisible (but working) Logs button beside the row of smileys?

I've never actually seen it, but it saves me a bit of lifting of a 5-pound arm to tap the tab instead.  But I don't always guess the location on the first try.

:)
  •  

Menion

@Condor
it's not about some kind of incorrect unique ID ... it's just mess in point screen where "basic view" and "edit view" share the same screen and the whole system is overcomplicated. Anyway, issue will be fixed in next version, thanks.

@Viajero Perdido
old issue with an invisible button is still there?? You see only images of logs and not a small arrow on the right side? Ah, I hoped, it is already fixed :/
  •  

Condor

*** Version 3.31.3 ***

Cache name update OK  :)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Condor

@MartyMcFly89
@Arcao
@Menion

Geocache - GC6YB6K
At the moment, I would not take care of it.
Cache is in RETRACT status! (unique current status forced by Reviewer)
It's like waiting for archiving. (Better still archived with the ability to change this status to the user) After 30 days it changes status to Archived (I think system is automatically) if the owner does not do otherwise.

And yes. Momentally, G4L reports an error.
I do not know whether it makes sense to deal with this exceptional situation.
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Quote from: menion on June 21, 2018, 09:04:12
Old issue with an invisible button is still there?? You see only images of logs and not a small arrow on the right side?
Right, I've never seen it on either of my Android 6 devices, but I can tap it if I guess the location.  (Low, really low priority.)

"Retracted" cache listings are unrelated to Archived ones.  "Retracted" is rare, by reviewer action, and happens (I believe) only if a cache has never been found.  It's equivalent to "doesn't exist, never existed".  On the website, attempting to view a retracted cache gives an "unpublished" message, the same as you'd see with a random GC number that hasn't yet been assigned.  Via the API, it's likely equivalent to the code for "this GC number doesn't exist".

Hope that clarifies.  :)

PS, GC6YB6K mentioned above is strange.  It's archived, not retracted.  But there's no Archive log, something I've never seen before.
  •  

Condor

Quote from: Viajero Perdido on June 21, 2018, 17:42:38
PS, GC6YB6K mentioned above is strange.  It's archived, not retracted.  But there's no Archive log, something I've never seen before.

Yes, I have seen what it is like for status. Groundspeak made some changes and automated processes. It's not exactly RETRACT but a similar state. (I do not know his name). Cache is in the archive. But the status change for the owner is allowed. Specific temporary situation in combination when owner does not exist (DELETED_USER)
It does not matter to this discussion ;-)

P.S.
Maybe just the Reviewer has disabled the display of the record. I do not know...
This option certainly exists for the LOCK Cache log.
Maybe it's a similar case.
  •