Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

voldapet

Quote from: lor74cas on June 26, 2018, 09:07:40
I can not download the offline elevation data from this Coordinates
N 44°49.571' , E 014°44.717'
We prepared custom version to try to fix it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vM4u36lyNbB6pelxgzIxqFeiEyPWHXRa/view?usp=sharing
Please install it and try to download data again.
Thank you
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: voldapet on June 26, 2018, 10:15:56
Quote from: lor74cas on June 26, 2018, 09:07:40
I can not download the offline elevation data from this Coordinates
N 44°49.571' , E 014°44.717'
We prepared custom version to try to fix it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vM4u36lyNbB6pelxgzIxqFeiEyPWHXRa/view?usp=sharing
Please install it and try to download data again.
Thank you
No way to download the elevation data with the new beta.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

jonny.blue

Hi,
today I tried (the first time since a  long time) the new geocaching functions,
And yes  ;) ... there are a lot of improvements.  8)

But ... I have some questions/problems:
- How can I check the state, sequence of my found caches
Some of them I logged direct online (because of using an standard text ...) , some I just wanted do save within Locus and edit/upload them later direct, some I wanted to upload as a fieldnote to edit them on the webpage (because this was an Earthcache and I first want to write a mail and then log the cache.)

I use the shifting functions after found to a seperate folder, but there is no sort criteria " Found Date"; and I can't see the state of the cache (just only saved, uploaded as direct log, uploaded as field note)

- Upload an image to a fieldnote
When a cache was uploaded as a fieldnote, how can I upload the taken image of this cache?

- State of the note
I always use the note to save my notes  ;) persistent on gc.com ...
How can I see wether the note is just saved or uploaded?
  •  

skwal

Track on the Map

Click on it. Save copy

Folder for points is open. Can't Switch tracks
  •  

Menion

@lor74cas
aaaa Italian translation is incorrect: https://crowdin.com/translate/menion/3292/en-it#6647013. There should be %s and not %d. What a stupid bug. Temporary solution: change language of Locus to other then Italian.

@johny.blue
you have perfect logical questions, unfortunately, all are little complicated to solve, sorry.

state of cache log should be a little problem. Probably best is to check Menu > More > GC Tools > Logs manager. Here on left side of every item will be a green strip in case, log was already uploaded to gc.com or exported to fileAnotherldNote). Another option is currently not possible as I think about it.

Upload image for uploaded field note: sorry, Groundspeak does not support it. If you have a log with images, use rather a direct log or export to offline text file. In the second case, images will be exported as well.

State of note is another not yet perfectly solved the problem due to missing functions in Geocaching API, sorry.

@skwal
thanks, will be fixed
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Condor

@johny.blue
Sort the Found folder according to the latest update.
You'll have a cache in the order you found them.
Beware - in case of subsequent editing, the cache moves up! (or at the end).
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: jonny.blue

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on June 27, 2018, 13:53:14
@lor74cas
aaaa Italian translation is incorrect: https://crowdin.com/translate/menion/3292/en-it#6647013. There should be %s and not %d. What a stupid bug. Temporary solution: change language of Locus to other then Italian.

@johny.blue
you have perfect logical questions, unfortunately, all are little complicated to solve, sorry.

state of cache log should be a little problem. Probably best is to check Menu > More > GC Tools > Logs manager. Here on left side of every item will be a green strip in case, log was already uploaded to gc.com or exported to fileAnotherldNote). Another option is currently not possible as I think about it.

Upload image for uploaded field note: sorry, Groundspeak does not support it. If you have a log with images, use rather a direct log or export to offline text file. In the second case, images will be exported as well.

State of note is another not yet perfectly solved the problem due to missing functions in Geocaching API, sorry.

@skwal
thanks, will be fixed
Language changed altitude data downloaded

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

jonny.blue

QuoteUpload image for uploaded field note: sorry, Groundspeak does not support it. If you have a log with images, use rather a direct log or export to offline text file. In the second case, images will be exported as well.

Hi Menion,
I currently use CacheSense and there is this functionality supported. (Unfortunately the app isn't developed furthermore since some years  :'( ... but with the increasing developement of Locus geocaching functions I see a chance to switch to a new caching system  ;) :D)

Because the developer of Cachesense only uses the API (and provides uploading of images to a cache log and even to a trackable log) I think the API provides theses methods.

I saw in a recent post of you the different methods of the API ... and as far as I remember my old programming skills  ::) ... I think these two methods look like that what we're looking for.

When uploading a fieldnote (not a finally log) within cachesense I then have to reload the cache logs (I think with this step the GlobalID of the log is then returned ... and this is necessary in the method to identify the log for which the image should be uploaded)

BTW, uploading an image to a trackable log would solve my question in help desk ...  :)

QuoteState of note is another not yet perfectly solved the problem due to missing functions in Geocaching API, sorry.

What I ment with this question was only transparency whithin Locus ... because within the note dialog you can choose "upload" or "save".
This is a very useful choice but I can't see that I "forgot" to upload the note when I solved/finished all entries to a cache.

... and when I leave the cache zone and delete the cache within Locus ... the note is gone.  :'(

QuoteSort the Found folder according to the latest update.
You'll have a cache in the order you found them.
Beware - in case of subsequent editing, the cache moves up! (or at the end).

Thanks  8)... I really overlooked this option because there is a submenu "geocaching" and I thought there are my missing sort options.

BTW, these different menus makes the handling not so easy and intuitive.

I found these problem also within the detail page of a point:
- in the share menu (lower part) you can do a lot of geocaching functions ( and only the last point affect sharing a point)
- in the lower part there is a geocaching icon where you can log caches
- in the upper right corner you have a cache icon ... and there are the next/duplicate caching options/functions

What icon should I use for logging?
I have activated the add on for geocaching ... is this the reason for these 2 buttons. I didn't figure it out (till now  ;))

•  

Tapio

When I copy a track (you know, the functionality where you can reverse the track direction), it offers to choose POI folders instead of track folders.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

*** BETA 3.31.3.2 ***
- completely changed system of login to Locus Store (& live tracking). Now it's is not anymore needed "Contacts" permission (that many user worry about)! I really expect problems here, so do not hesitate to report any bugs.
- a completely changed system of small toasts (forced to do it from Google itself), so expect problems here as well ...

@johny.blue
this is a really long post that I'll need to read more than once :).
Anyway, the missing ID of an uploaded draft was the reason, why I did not add support for upload of images in this case. I'll check what is possible to do with the hint from you, thanks.

For your info, Groundspeak published completely new API for developers that needs to be implemented till 05/2019. I do not know what has changed there so ...

Mess in point screen
hmm ...
- button under "Share" button are in almost all cases from add-ons and Locus itself do not know what these functions do, so they are all here ...
- buttons in bottom left are quick functions defined in settings > geocaching

but agree that it is a mess :/

@tapio
should be solved in new Beta!
  •  

lor74cas

With the LT started the bottom right red stop button stops LT but remains a red stop button and do not change into the green start icon.

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

Thanks, you are correct. I've reported this to colleague Milan (he's on vacation now).
  •  

jonny.blue

QuoteI'll check what is possible to do with the hint from you, thanks.

The exact way/workflow within cachesense of uploading an image to a log is:

- you press the 'image-upload-button'
- all logs from this cache are read
   + all logs: found, not found, note ....
   + all TB logs: visited, dropped ...
   + these different logs are read online and offered in a box and you can choose to what log you want to upload your image.

Maybe this helps .... 🙄
  •