[APP] - version 3.31.+ ( 4. 6. 2018 )

Started by Menion, June 04, 2018, 15:03:46

helmut_hartmann

Hello Developer,

found following issue: show view and map rotation on map screen don't work in latest version anymore (Locus map Pro 3.31.0).

Thx
  •  

slarti76

Two tiny things:

• New settings: Icon for "Controlling" and "Points & Tracks" is identical. I think, Controlling can keep the plain cogwheel, and P&T should get the small "point bubble" or track icon overlayed
  • The intent description https://github.com/asamm/locus-api/wiki/Action-tasks-(Broadcasts), track_record "stop" doesn't mention the profile name. If I remember correctly, this was added in the latest beta - it should be documented and described what it does
  •  

slarti76

@Menion:
I wrote this last minute topic in 3.30 thread: http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6071.msg51469#msg51469
Is the intent for preset change planned anyway or should I add an idea?
  •  

slarti76

http://help.locusmap.eu/announcement/version-3-31-4-6-2018:
chg: improved behavior of track edit screen (back/forward buttons)

What is new here? I tried the editor, and as far as I see, the buttons behave exactly the same. Furthermore, an old bug is still there: If several trackpoints are close together and I try to quickly "browse" through them with the buttons, inevitably after a few taps the selection gets lost. That's quite annoying, especially as it happens when points are close, so it's hard to select the last point again.
I hoped that would've been fixed, but either not completely, or something else...
  •  

balloni55

QuoteMay I ask for a log?
log send at the moment ;)
QuoteAlso OK like in case of Condor
log via addon FN work also fine for me :D
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@lor74cas
- publish or not publish? Not for me, but if you think other will find it useful or you just wants to discuss this feature with others, feel free to publish it ...
- show on chart: found and fixed, thanks

@helmut_hartmann
I was just looking on this yesterday. The problem was in enabled "Orientation by GPS" in sensors > compass settings. In case of show view, this will be fixed in next version. In case of map rotation, it is intent so map screen will really rotate based on this settings.

@slarti76
- same icons, I know, just need from our graphics to find some free time on it :)
- docs for intents, agree .. fixed
- intent for presets is planned, I'll add it to priority tasks to next bigger version, no need for a task on help desk in this case, thanks.
- and improved track edit screen: wrong wording. I mean page where you edit name/desc/activity for a track. There were changes how screen reacts on back/cancel actions.

@balloni55
thanks, log received. I have no idea why just to you this happen, but consider as fixed.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: slarti76

Condor

Quote from: balloni55 on June 05, 2018, 13:31:43
QuoteAlso OK like in case of Condor
log via addon FN work also fine for me :D
I wrote and sent through Field Note Manager (Locus). No Addon FieldNotes!
  •  

Condor

Higher data for me is not essential.
I was trying to apply the GPS correction and shift.
No change to map or save point.
I want to ask: Where does this correction apply? Only route record? Or where is it still possible to see this GPS altitude?
  •  

Christian

Quote from: menion on June 04, 2018, 22:02:27
@Christian
It's a big problem? Track screen on my device usually took almost 4 seconds till it open. I spend on it quite a lot of time and now, after many (mostly invisible) simplifications, we are on half. I anyway plan more radical changes, mainly merge of all tabs into one longer scrollable screen.
Sorry, hiding of map is no longer possible. If this is the serious issue for you (why?) I may consider adding it as a parameter into config.cfg file.
Hi menion,
It's not a big problem but is one problem more in track manager :(
Years ago you redesigned the track manager. Due to this the tiny (and imho very useless) Mini Maps appeared in the track list, The space for the text was cropped and so my long tracknames were cut. The moving text disappeared also. Very sad. Lot of wasted space for the "eye" icon.
Then the tabs in track details were introduced (not bad!) but the font sized decreased (bad for old men like me). I'm used to have all important information in one view if possible. The (redundant) Mini Map in track details is not important because it shows a bulky coloured line on a tiny map window only w/ o any further information or function: means useless and a waste of processor time, battery life and GUI space.
(Same problem in another app for weather forecast: showing the mini map permanently started a shit storm in the forum one year ago. FYI only. I was not involved.)
You should decide which mini map you want to offer to the user. But please not on all places :) At least a parameter in config file would be an option.

Please don't change the tabs to one screen! This forces users to excessive scrolling (psychologically: pseudo movement) and would not be an improvement (imho).

I noticed a better performance when track details are called because the black flickering stopped. Nice.

I would appreciate a combination of map on track and the elevation chart: tapping on the elevation chart showing the appropriate point on the track and vice versa. But may be better not in track details... only an idea.
And a kind of star rating for the tracks in track list would be nice also. My idea in help desk from years ago is gone obviosly.

Christian

•  

Žajdlík Josef

Please verify. I have set the screen switch on by waving above the light sensor. Automatic shutdown for 30 seconds. When I turn on the phone with the on / off button, the shutdown is executed correctly after 30 seconds. But when I turn on the phone by waving over the sensor, the screen goes out after 10 seconds.
  •  

Condor

I confirm a problem with screen control.
Shutdown does not work!
Sensor activation - screen turns off according to Android settings.
The activation double tap - the screen lights up permanently.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: menion on June 05, 2018, 13:44:37
@slarti76
- same icons, I know, just need from our graphics to find some free time on it :)
- docs for intents, agree .. fixed
- intent for presets is planned, I'll add it to priority tasks to next bigger version, no need for a task on help desk in this case, thanks.
Great, thx!

Quote from: menion on June 05, 2018, 13:44:37- and improved track edit screen: wrong wording. I mean page where you edit name/desc/activity for a track. There were changes how screen reacts on back/cancel actions.
Ok, get it. But have to ask again: Will you have a look at the back/forward button problem in editor I described? I have a vague memory we talked about this sometime ago, but you couldn't easily reproduce it?! Is that still the case? - Because for me, I can reproduce it with 100% certainty everytime when there are points close together. It's especially easy if you have a section where you came back along the same track.
  •  

Menion

@Christian
thanks for a nice feedback. Cannot say that I have a solution for this, but I'll definitely keep this in my mind.

@Žajdlík Josef
interesting problem. Partially unsolvable, but I've at least bit improved it so timeout should be now closer to what you have defined in settings. If you do a tiny touch (movement) on your screen it will reset devices counter and will work as expected. Anyway ... improved.

@Condor
altitude correction is applied immediately when Locus Map receive a new location. Modified altitude may be seen for example in satellite screen or in the top toolbar.

@slarti76
don't know why, but I'm still unable to simulate your issue in track editor. Video record https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hecorat.screenrecorder.free ? Thanks

Condor

@Menion
Quote from: menion on June 06, 2018, 13:30:45
@Žajdlík Josef
interesting problem. Partially unsolvable, but I've at least bit improved it so timeout should be now closer to what you have defined in settings. If you do a tiny touch (movement) on your screen it will reset devices counter and will work as expected. Anyway ... improved.

In earlier versions, the display control worked flawlessly.
  •  

Menion

It had to be same as now or something change in Android itself. I do not know, because I never used such short screen timeout and also "no touch on screen" after screen turns on.
  •