[APP] - version 1.8.x

Started by Menion, May 19, 2011, 15:17:56

garbel

How Do I enable the vector-map? I copied the germany-0.2.3.map into the mapsVector Folder, but when I try to add this as a new personal map, the folder remains empty.(Locus pro 1.8.7)
  •  

durian

It only works with the testing version of Locus Free which you can download from the beginning of this thread.
  •  

garbel

Ok, I must have overlooked this, the link is so tiny ;)
  •  

Menion

durian may you please write configuration of your server and time for some map generating depend on map size? I'm with my friend works on some cloud solution for map generating and distributing, so I would like to know probably times and power needed for this. I will not be cheap task :) Thanks ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

durian

No problem! Here are some figures. I ran those four on my MacBook Pro (late 2007 model) with 4 GB of RAM. I show the sizes of the osm/map files, the time taken according to osmosis and the unix "time" command, and the memory used, taken from the "top" command.

I ran some bigger maps at work, but that machine is down at the moment. I'll see if I can get those figures later.

-peter

Sweden:

Sizes:
 82M  sweden.osm.pbf
322M  sweden.osm.map

Last line from osmosis:
INFO: Total execution time: 198661 milliseconds.

Info from "time ..."
real 3m21.554s
user 4m5.051s
sys 0m12.909s

Looking at the process list, the memory (RAM) used is about 2 GB.

Croatia:

17M  croatia.osm.pbf
53M  croatia.osm.map

INFO: Total execution time: 39268 milliseconds.

time:
real 0m39.672s
user 0m51.181s
sys 0m2.443s

Memory: up to 690 MB according to the process list.

Belgium:

59M  belgium.osm.pbf
67M  belgium.osm.map

INFO: Total execution time: 78399 milliseconds.

time:
real 1m18.940s
user 1m40.884s
sys 0m7.105s

memory: 1.25 GB

Slovakia:

87M  9 jun 08:50 slovakia.osm.pbf
196M  9 jun 08:54 slovakia.osm.map

INFO: Total execution time: 164305 milliseconds.

real 2m45.107s
user 3m52.164s
sys 0m9.232s

Memory: about 2 GB
  •  

Menion

ah these are valus from macbook? Damn, what's wrong with my machine. I have some I think very powerful AMD and it takes me few hours to generate small map. Hmm Java heap goes up to 1.5GB but still ...have to try on wife's notebook. Anyway thanks for info. If is generating so fast, then this will not be problem do it on some cloud service with much more power. Perfect ...
  •  

durian

Yes on the macbook.

Could it be that if the memory is not enough, it goes too slow? When I tried Great Britain for the first time, I stopped it after an hour. When I increased memory again, it ran in 1384 seconds. But that machine has 8 intel quadcores and 128 GB of memory.

-peter

Log:
Jun 8, 2011 10:10:29 AM org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis run
Jun 8, 2011 10:10:30 AM org.mapsforge.preprocessing.map.osmosis.MapFileWriterTask <init>
INFO: start reading data...
Jun 8, 2011 10:23:06 AM org.mapsforge.preprocessing.map.osmosis.MapFileWriterTask complete
INFO: completing read...
Jun 8, 2011 10:23:06 AM org.mapsforge.preprocessing.map.osmosis.MapFileWriterTask complete
INFO: start writing file...
Jun 8, 2011 10:23:27 AM org.mapsforge.preprocessing.map.osmosis.MapFileWriter writeSubfile
Jun 8, 2011 10:33:33 AM org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis run
INFO: Total execution time: 1384529 milliseconds.
  •  

Rob

Quote from: "menion"
Quote from: "Rob"Nice feature - the top buttons - thx.
Little bug: when planning a route with auto and manuell parts. After finishing you cannot select the track when on a manual section. Moving cursor to an auto section highlights the track.
But this is really a very small issue...

Rob, this is not an issue. You cannot select track itself. Active are only points on track, so you have to tap on start or end of manual part where is some point!

Ok understand. Thx for info.
  •  

Menion

new version for POI + Photo fans is here ... main features for testing is taking photo, picking photo, viewing photo and ... finally ... exporting POIs with photo ;). Bugs are expected ... as usual :)
  •  

Rob

Hi menion, great, that you take care about POIs & Photos - thx much!
1. Tests:
* taking more than 1  foto + storing to point - perfect
* Export poi + fotos in directory with same name as poi -ok.
 Suggestion : store also the poi in this directory would avoid to search for :-)
EDIT: for POIs along a track, they should be stored in track-directory with filename=trackname (=trip- concept as you named it would be THE solution)
and to be able to select/create new directory when exporting- would be fency :-) to be able to differenciate between routes (plannings) and track (records). For now it's hard to separate in the export filelist.

* Picking a foto additional to taken ones - does not work (Galery pops up, to select a foto is possible, returned to Locus,  but no foto shown with poi)
* Picking foto AFTER storing a poi (edit) - also not working.
* when exporting  poi as gpx and trying to open directly in android  in google maps (click on file  and open with maps) - error: cannot load url....

EDIT: whats the difference in sidemenu buttons  + and  +foto? The contents look fairly the same.   I think you can skip the "normal" + button, don't you ?

Guess these a minor bugs, but the overall concept is really great.
Good luck further....
Rob
  •  

Menion

perfect testing. thanks.
- what you mean by storing poi in category also? To place into one category exported file and photos?

- only that for me all works fine. Anyone similar experience? Also did this "pick" photo do not work for all photos? For me, it doesn't work for some sync photos from picasa but from photos from camera this works.

- on exported PX I'll look ...

and diference? First open only edit point dialog, second allow to firstly take a photo ... slight difference, but someone want to quickly take photo and this allow it ...
  •  

Rob

Quote from: "menion"perfect testing. thanks.
- what you mean by storing poi in category also? To place into one category exported file and photos?

Not in category but in Directory (export-folder). Now there is the poi in the export dir and a subfolder fotopoi and you have to search both. Than - just take the folder.
Top would be:

EXPORT
-TRACKS
--VIENNA
--Vienna_track.gpx
---FOTOPOIs
----Vienna_1.jpg
----Vienna_2.jpg
----Vienna_3.jpg
----Vienna_Poi.gpx

--PRAGUE
--Prague_track.gpx
---FOTOPOIs
----Prague_1.jpg
----Prague_2.jpg
----Prague_poi.gpx

-ROUTES
--IMPORTS
--CREATED

Quote- only that for me all works fine. Anyone similar experience? Also did this "pick" photo do not work for all photos? For me, it doesn't work for some sync photos from picasa but from photos from camera this works.

I'll tested with different fotos from gallery as well as via Quicpic. Not even one is picked. :-(

- on exported PX I'll look ...

Quoteand diference? First open only edit point dialog, second allow to firstly take a photo ... slight difference, but someone want to quickly take photo and this allow it ...
Ok

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk
  •  

durian

Quote from: "menion"- only that for me all works fine. Anyone similar experience? Also did this "pick" photo do not work for all photos? For me, it doesn't work for some sync photos from picasa but from photos from camera this works.

I had the same experience when picking a photo, I can select one in Gallery, but there is nothing when I return to Locus.

-peter
  •  

phoneguy100

Dont know why but I have downloaded the 1.8.7.3 apk onto my android phone but it wont install.
I already have the Pro version installed and persmission for non-market apks but cant get the thing to install.
Have enough room on my phones memory too?

Any ideas please anyone?

no worries all, phone rebioot sorted it, :-)
  •  

Menion

hmm no idea ... this is normal version same I as usually publish on market. Do you receive some error message? If you have Free version installed, try to remove it first
  •