[APP] - version 1.8.x

Started by Menion, May 19, 2011, 15:17:56

berkley

I guess we soon need some voices for each country for the voices of turn-by-turn navigation :D

That's gonna be pretty funny ;)
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

MaleSmurf

Daily updated vectormap files for Germany and its 16 federal states are available here:  //ftp://ftp.mapsforge.org/europe/   8-)
Works great in Locus...  ;)
  •  

Menion

ah great, because I just wake up and after cca 12 hours, map isn't even in half ... looks that my computer not fast enough for this tasks :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

durian

It also needs a lot of memory -  I tried doing The Netherlands, but it didn't work with 4 GB.

I am now trying on a debian machine at work, it has 8 quadcores and 128 GB of memory :)

-peter
  •  

durian

Some other observations... would it be possible to enable more than one vector map? I live in the border area between The Netherlands and Germany, and that involves switching maps (unless I make a Europe Vector map :) )

Is there (a 2 GB) limit on the vectormap size? I saw that Germany is 1.15 GB.

Is there some kind of caching possible? Zooming  in and out seems to redraw from scratch. I realise vectormaps are not tiles, so this is maybe not possible.

O, and a little bug. If I switch vectormaps, the new one won't show until I zoom in our out. (edit: on second look, it seems to work right, but the disabled map still shows until I move away.)

Also, 50m seems to be the max-zoom, but the (+) button does not get disabled.

-peter
  •  

shushuk

Hi,
is it possible to create croatia (Peninsula of Istria would be fine) for testing? I'll go there on friday and haven't found any satisfying map-sources for biking.
OCM seems to be not very useful for offroad-tracks.
  •  

durian

Quote from: "shushuk"Hi,
is it possible to create croatia (Peninsula of Istria would be fine) for testing? I'll go there on friday and haven't found any satisfying map-sources for biking.
OCM seems to be not very useful for offroad-tracks.
I took the croatia.osm.pbf from geofabrik.de and made a map (I didn't test it though, but my sweden map worked): //http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24093622/croatia.osm.map

-peter
  •  

Menion

Quote from: "Rob"Nice feature - the top buttons - thx.
Little bug: when planning a route with auto and manuell parts. After finishing you cannot select the track when on a manual section. Moving cursor to an auto section highlights the track.
But this is really a very small issue...

Rob, this is not an issue. You cannot select track itself. Active are only points on track, so you have to tap on start or end of manual part where is some point!
  •  

shushuk

Quote from: "durian"I took the croatia.osm.pbf from geofabrik.de and made a map (I didn't test it though, but my sweden map worked): //http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24093622/croatia.osm.map

Thanx for that! But I think I need some help to import it in Locus... Simply copy it to the maps folder?
  •  

Menion

you need version of Locus here from forum and put it into new Locus/mapsVector directory
  •  

shushuk

All right, got it ;-)
Map seems to work, I will give it a try on location and will report...
  •  

Menion

there is now not much need to report. Work on vector maps will take a lot of time and I plan to release them on market at start of July probably. So really, use them, enjoy them but not report me any bugs :). When testing version will be ready for heavy vector maps field testing, I'll tell you :). Until then, test other features and report them. Like "Time rings" ;)
  •  

durian

QuoteLike "Time rings"
Time rings?

-peter
  •  

rijackson741

Quote from: "durian"It also needs a lot of memory -  I tried doing The Netherlands, but it didn't work with 4 GB.

I was going to try and find time today to try building a map (although I have no experience with Osmosis, which looks like it has a learning curve). Now I am discouraged  :(   Would it work OK if I were to just build a small map, say the southern 1/4 of NH? How long do you think that would take? A small map would be OK for testing Locus.
  •  

durian

Quote from: "rijackson741"I was going to try and find time today to try building a map (although I have no experience with Osmosis, which looks like it has a learning curve). Now I am discouraged  :(   Would it work OK if I were to just build a small map, say the southern 1/4 of NH? How long do you think that would take? A small map would be OK for testing Locus.
Not sure... I managed to build the Netherlands map, but I had to allocate 16GB to Java. Then I tried Great Britain, that worked also. Next up was France, but that crashed with a Java out of heap space error, even with 16GB allocated. So I will try later today with more memory; other people are using that machine now.

Osmosis was easy to get going - I downloaded osmosis, downloaded the trove jar (link is on the mapsforge page, and installed the plugin in my home directory. It worked without problems (tried on both my MacBook, and a debian server at work).

-peter
  •