Navigation to a point vs along a route

Started by Twouptourer, April 14, 2018, 06:57:28

Twouptourer

I'm having difficulty with the concepts behind these two forms of Navigation.

I am creating routes externally using Google Maps or Motogoloco.com, which I export to KML and then import into Locus Maps, and it all works to some degree.

What I can't decide in this circumstance is whether to have the "Recalculate" settings on 'Point Priority' or 'Route Priority'.  In a situation where for some reason, such as road works, I have to deviate away from the imported route for a short time, I want Locus to recalculate and put me back on the path towards the next via-point or destination.

The manual says:-
"Auto-recalculation with point priority ignores your selected route and creates a new route to the nearest via point or directly to the finish.",

but what is not clear is whether this is to the physically nearest via-point or to the next via-point in the direction towards the destination.  Seems to me  you would not want to head backwards to the physically nearest via-point if due to a road diversion you were forced to a location further forward towards the destination.

This is only for turn-by-turn road navigation such as a standard car GPS uses.
Thanks!
  •  

Menion

Hello,
by "nearest via point" is here meant "nearest next via-point". App will never in this case navigate you backward.
I just little worry if some points imported with manually created tracks out of Locus Map will be correctly considered as via-points. You may test it on device, just turn off GPS system in Locus Map app and then moving with map center will simulate move with GPS, so you may play with it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Twouptourer

Twouptourer

Thanks for your reply!  :)
I am creating a route across the city of Osaka in Japan, and it is way too big to be trying to create specific routes that avoids toll roads etc on an android phone.
Are there any mapping sites that will export a KML file to Locus that are known to be reliable?
  •  

Menion

Many people for Locus Map (not only) use BRouter web here http://brouter.de/brouter-web/ .

Same results will be obtained directly in Locus Map with usage of BRouter app.

Anyway I believe someone will suggest you some working online alternative. I'm mobile user only, so ...

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •