[APP] - version 3.30.+ ( 15. 3. 2018 )

Started by Menion, March 15, 2018, 12:35:05

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on April 15, 2018, 10:08:06
I did not know that
1. anybody use default settings in Beta versions (I expected that every simply restore backup of settings from Pro when starts to use Beta versions)
2. it is a (time) problem to restore backup of settings

Hmm one app cannot simply touch to settings of another app, but if there will be interest, I believe it is doable to create "Restore from Pro version" button in BETA version.
Sometimes I lose rec profile or screen settings in beta. A simple way to "copy" the setup of the pro every time a new beta is released it's a great function for testers and you will be sure that not only the default settings is tested.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

*** 3.30.3 ***
New version published, thanks all for a big help with testing! Believe this version will work fine. If not, I'm as usually ready to do some fine tuning ;).

Enjoy rest of Sunday.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Viajero Perdido

The first time I installed Beta, I got default settings.

Now that I know of a simple way to copy Pro settings to Beta (backup/restore), I'm happy.  It's quick and easy - once you know about it.  Thanks.
  •  

Condor

3.30.3 Normal version
Last update Locus map pro G4L stopped when download logs.

•  

Viajero Perdido

@Condor: G4L seems to get confused if you have both Pro and Beta installed.  Have you tried uninstalling Beta?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Condor

Condor

It's already done and OK.
Disabling beta is not enough.
Necessary uninstall! Interestingly, the livemap worked OK.
I thought the forbidden app would no longer interfere with other applications.
Sorry and Thanks.
  •  

Viajero Perdido

"Checking time limitation..."

This is one of the startup messages, in Pro version just released.  Does that message apply to Beta only?

A purchaser of Pro might justifiably assume they have a right to use the app forever, and worry about this.
  •  

Menion

Everything ends once ... even a Pro version :).

Even a Pro version have to check this deadline. No worry, time is set far away in future for a Pro version.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

sorry for my late answer,
@condor, thanks for screenshot in #167
Quoteand value +10 etc. ... if you see there 5 icons and value +10, then in "logs" tab should be 15 logs.
now its clear for me, but i didn´t see the horizontal arrow in my device, and so i didn´t realice that this is a clickable link to "logs tab"
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Cache details screen:

For the last day (in the new Pro release) I've been tapping on the word "Logs", or tapping on the five icons beside that word, hoping something would happen.  Nothing happened.

Now I realize that if I tap the blank space to the right of the five icons, whoosh, it takes me to the Logs tab.  That's exactly what I wanted!  But why is that space blank?  (This is on the tablet, large-ish screen, a cache loaded via PQ.  Same happens on the low-res phone.)

Is there a phantom button that's supposed to be visible?

Also, did the log text just get a lighter shade of grey once again?   Out in sunlight, higher contrast would really help.

While we're on the subject...  Couldn't "Attachment" be moved to the far right, past "Logs"?  I never ever use attachments (does anybody?), but always have to scroll past the useless-for-me panel to reach the Logs.  Thanks.
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Quote from: menion on April 16, 2018, 08:31:50No worry, time is set far away in future for a Pro version.
I know that, thank you, because you just told me.  But does the average customer know that?  (Does this app expire?  Do my maps expire?  Do I have to buy something again later?)

Perhaps "Checking time limitation...  None"
  •  

balloni55

QuoteWhile we're on the subject...  Couldn't "Attachment" be moved to the far right, past "Logs"?  I never ever use attachments (does anybody?), but always have to scroll past the useless-for-me panel to reach the Logs.
set order of tabs in "config.cfg" > UI&Utils once as you like it ;)
e.g.
14|1|11|12|13|16|15|2
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Condor

Viajero Perdido

Thanks balloni, and done.
But I was thinking more as a suggestion for the default.
  •  

slarti76

3.30.3, Locus Store:
The "My history" and "My subscriptions" screens are empty. I don't have subscriptions, so that's fine (although I would prefer some kind of "You have no subscriptions" text), but I definitely have a history.
Everything else in store seems to work (e.g. Check for updates, Buy LoCoins, etc.). I also had a case where after clicking a few things in the Store, I suddenly couldn't get out of it anymore (clicking back arrow/button didn't take me back and in the end I had to kill Locus), but I can't reproduce it now.
But the empty history is definitely a bug.

PS: Works on my S5neo (stock Samsung ROM), but not on my Note4 and S4 (both LineageOS) - so perhaps something with the OS? All have working Google Apps, though, and as I said, everything else in the store works fine.
  •  

Diddi

There's a bug in cache notes.
If they are not empty and I open them to edit, they are empty from now on and all informations have gone.

Btw: Is it possible to reach the notes editor just by tapping the note in cache listings? It's easier than slide from the right to enter them. ( I know of short cuts in buttom bar but these are used by write log and hintj

Another "bug"? Since some versions, it's no more possible to show all waypoints directly from map view of a cache.
  •