[APP] - version 3.30.+ ( 15. 3. 2018 )

Started by Menion, March 15, 2018, 12:35:05

tramp20

Auto backup in the beta from today did not work :-)
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: tramp20 on April 14, 2018, 17:47:48
Auto backup in the beta from today did not work :-)
Just now the auto backup finished but 3 hours too late.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Condor

•  

Menion

Good evening Condor,
you complicate me a life (and probably I also to you, sorry) :).

Your video: obviously you use: "snap to the road: disabled", compass source: hardware, right? (please ignore the problem with the draw of lines ... I've fixed it today).

So main problems I see:
- shaking of rotation: phone placed vertically in some holder in the car? This rotation problem also without navigation? Quite a common problem in the car I believe, that's why you should use "Orientation via GPS" as compass source and not a hardware compass as you use. With disabled "Compatibility mode" it seems to work correctly (since 1:21)
- "blinking" of tracks after you select new target. I see that old track remain on the map ... seems to be an issue as well, fixed. Anyway, this drawing of track is mystery for me to be true.

Anyone same issue like Condor on his video in 2:18??
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Condor

I use beta as it is installed. I try to give my usual settings what I have been using for many years. It's true that I did not change the compass setting. Let's see and try again. About an hour.
  •  

Menion

Beta version installed to you with this weird setting as default? Hope no! Have to check it, thanks.
This is very non-standard settings that should not be used for simple navigation experience.

Anyway I believe that last main remaining issue is not "blinking" tracks during navigation. I'll play with it tomorrow. Thanks for a patience Condor, I owe you.
  •  

Condor

Yes priority compass default!
I apologise. It's not in my abilities to check all settings for each installation beta. Especially those I have set for several years. Again, sorry.

Now everything seems to be OK. Even both GPS modes as well as the direction to calculate.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10XsjflSgMaxUVttxDjHJCvB_CofDbMuz/view?usp=drivesdk
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Quote from: Condor on April 14, 2018, 23:05:41
It's not in my abilities to check all settings for each installation beta.
On that note, is there a simple way of copying all your customized settings for Pro over to Beta?  I couldn't find it by looking through the file structure.

I would use Beta more often if it acted just like my fine-tuned Pro.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Viajero Perdido on April 15, 2018, 00:41:43
On that note, is there a simple way of copying all your customized settings for Pro over to Beta?  I couldn't find it by looking through the file structure.

@Viajero - I just do settings backup from main device > copy ZIP to testing device & restore
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Thanks, but I meant, copying from Pro to Beta on the same device.  Maybe it'll work regardless.  I'll give it a try.

EDIT: that worked, thanks.  Had to restart the Beta twice, but then it worked.
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Andrew Heard on April 15, 2018, 01:25:19
Quote from: Viajero Perdido on April 15, 2018, 00:41:43

@Viajero - I just do settings backup from main device > copy ZIP to testing device & restore
+1 and it will be a better test if every tester uses his own settings instead of default. Default could be ok but some special setting no. I have no time to always apply pro settings to beta or to use backup as suggested by Andrew, I just go out and try new beta after update when I have time.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

@lol74cas
But it would have to be a one-sided option to transfer PRO-BETA settings. Betta sometimes makes attempts with different settings and nobody wants to switch settings in the PRO.
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on April 15, 2018, 08:05:31
@lol74cas
But it would have to be a one-sided option to transfer PRO-BETA settings. Betta sometimes makes attempts with different settings and nobody wants to switch settings in the PRO.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

I did not know that
1. anybody use default settings in Beta versions (I expected that every simply restore backup of settings from Pro when starts to use Beta versions)
2. it is a (time) problem to restore backup of settings

Hmm one app cannot simply touch to settings of another app, but if there will be interest, I believe it is doable to create "Restore from Pro version" button in BETA version.
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Quote from: menion on April 15, 2018, 10:08:06
Hmm one app cannot simply touch to settings of another app, but if there will be interest, I believe it is doable to create "Restore from Pro version" button in BETA version.
It is not necessary, but it would be nice. Especially when testing in the wild, it would be easier to compare Beta and Pro behavior. After various attempts, it would be easy to return to the settings of Pro. However, it is just such a simplification tool, write it down on a list of things like: Sometimes it will be time.
  •