[APP] - version 3.30.+ ( 15. 3. 2018 )

Started by Menion, March 15, 2018, 12:35:05

Menion

No worry, I keep this idea in mind and it is definitely "in thinking progress". What you personally think about moving "logs" and "trackables" from tab directly into the first tab? To quickly see logs, it's one click compare to swiping over tabs. Anyway as balloni wrote, updates are slower, hmm.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Condor

The current structure of the cards is OK and logical.
One touch better than scrolling.
Especially when walking or in a car while driving!

+edit:
It is possible to change order.
Swap images with logs. Especially if the G4L creates an extra card, it is bothers.
  •  

chrispt

Is anyone having issues with Geocaching4Locus recognizing that you have Locus Map installed in Oreo? I can't use it because it keeps telling me I don't have it installed when I do.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

•  

chrispt

This also seems to affect Wear for Locus, so maybe it is an issue with the main application?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

•  

lor74cas

Hello
In live tracking I noticed that the yourself icon on my device is not the chosen one but the Mr X one (Scotland Yard game rulez ). I think that if I choose an icon that represent myself it must be used for all users and devices especially the one I'm live tracking from.
Last day I try to reach my wife but I followed the Mr X icon so I found only my last known position. Don't worry my wife found me anyway as all wifes do

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

AndersE

Quote from: menion on March 30, 2018, 13:27:09
*** Beta version 3.30.2.4 ***

@Wolli
in new Beta version ;)

@chrispt
sorry to hear this. I'm unfortunately still unable to simulate this issue on own device. Will keep testing.

@AndersE
wasn't there any other change, like new download big vector maps, OpenAndroMaps for example?

I uploaded the LOMaps again and now it`s working.
  •  

lor74cas

I tested the new gps in locus.
The track recorded with locus is now the same recorded with my Garmin forerunner 235. In the image the green and blue lines.
This is a perfect test for gps good weather and no mountains or other obstacles I hope to try it soon in more difficult conditions.
Good job

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Saturo

Quote from: menion on March 30, 2018, 22:03:46
No worry, I keep this idea in mind and it is definitely "in thinking progress". What you personally think about moving "logs" and "trackables" from tab directly into the first tab? To quickly see logs, it's one click compare to swiping over tabs. Anyway as balloni wrote, updates are slower, hmm.
Please don't change the tabs!
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Option: Menu / Settings / screen causes restart of the application in beta.
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on March 31, 2018, 22:18:29
Option: Menu / Settings / screen causes restart of the application in beta.
+1

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

@0709
maybe some secret settings? ;)

@lor74cas
well, it's not useful feedback (without any good arguments)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on March 31, 2018, 22:18:29
Option: Menu / Settings / Display causes restart of the application in beta.
+1
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Someone mentioned a glitch with the GPS not shutting off.  I noticed this too, with the current released (not beta) version.

I was caching yesterday, and after some frustration with GPS position not seeming to update as I walked, I switched GPS compatibility mode on and continued.  Maybe that's relevant.  (I can't remember if I switched that mode back, but had more update glitches.)  Later at home I noticed I still had guidance on, so I cancelled that and turned off the screen, went to bed.  The GPS should've turned off at that point.

Next morning, battery was abnormally low, and GPS was still active.  I did some experimenting with that mode setting, but found nothing conclusive.  It seems to be working okay now.
  •  

Viajero Perdido

PS, in the Beta, I like the new placement of the cache logs, behind a More button.  Easier access, I like that.

But sometimes I have to scroll down to reach that button, because of the blasted (false) field note from my earlier Found It log.  I still think this is a bug, because it was never a field note (or "draft").  It's really "your previous log", but labelled as something else.

Now logically, wouldn't it make sense to move your existing log (fake field note) into something like a "Mine" button beside the "More" button?
  •  

chrispt

Quote from: Viajero Perdido on April 01, 2018, 05:52:49
PS, in the Beta, I like the new placement of the cache logs, behind a More button.  Easier access, I like that.

But sometimes I have to scroll down to reach that button, because of the blasted (false) field note from my earlier Found It log.  I still think this is a bug, because it was never a field note (or "draft").  It's really "your previous log", but labelled as something else.

Now logically, wouldn't it make sense to move your existing log (fake field note) into something like a "Mine" button beside the "More" button?
Where out of curiosity are you seeing cache logs behind a more button?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

•