[APP] - version 3.30.+ ( 15. 3. 2018 )

Started by Menion, March 15, 2018, 12:35:05

JoxM

Hi Menion
Thanks, but it's not what I meant.

See picture. Before there was an additional line with something like "show hint" (I use German version) on the map screen.
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Menion, very good news. I tried nine hours a long recording on Android 4.2 and 7.0 and it works absolutely great on both. See SCR. The difference in altitude is due to the presence of the Galaxy A3 barometer.

•  

Menion

@JoxM
I'm sure it is ;). Anyway, please wait till next version, thanks.

@Žajdlík Josef
hmm, this sounds really promising! Thanks for sharing positive feedback!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

lor74cas

Share link used with peak finder app it does not open the view at the coordinates of the point but shows the last view position.
I don't know if it's locus or peak finder bug I hope the second for you

https://www.peakfinder.org/about/resources/api/

Using last pro Jedi version

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

Quick check and all seems fine. You may try to share this into another app, like Google Maps, to see if correct point is shared.
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on March 18, 2018, 08:59:03
Quick check and all seems fine. You may try to share this into another app, like Google Maps, to see if correct point is shared.
I have no option to choose another app, it starts peak finder directly. But I have gmaps installed as other map app. It is also a strange behaviour. 

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: lor74cas on March 18, 2018, 09:05:25
Quote from: menion on March 18, 2018, 08:59:03
I have no option to choose another app, it starts peak finder directly. But I have gmaps installed as other map app. It is also a strange behaviour. 

The peak finder app was for some reason I don't know set as default for coordinates link. So I tried as suggested to open the share button with gmaps and it works perfectly so the bug is not in locus.
Sorry for my wrong bug alert

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

•  

Tapio

It has always been like that: When I use the "Favourites" function and call Google Maps (App!) with it and it transfers the map center position:

- Google Maps does center its map to the Locus Center position, but does not add its waypoint (that red balloon symbol). Is there something that can be done on Locus side?

Menion, it is a desire for me to thank you and the people involved super super much many mucho for the most important app on my smartphone :D You are such an important part of the outdoor scene. And still lots of potential customers, I hope. Because in the outdoor world there is so many people having no clue about smartphone navigation, it's weird. If I meet people using their smartphones for this, which is rare, they do it on very basic levels.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

lor74cas

Quote from: tapio on March 19, 2018, 05:41:45
It has always been like that: When I use the "Favourites" function and call Google Maps (App!) with it and it transfers the map center position:

- Google Maps does center its map to the Locus Center position, but does not add its waypoint (that red balloon symbol). Is there something that can be done on Locus side?

Menion, it is a desire for me to thank you and the people involved super super much many mucho for the most important app on my smartphone :D You are such an important part of the outdoor scene. And still lots of potential customers, I hope. Because in the outdoor world there is so many people having no clue about smartphone navigation, it's weird. If I meet people using their smartphones for this, which is rare, they do it on very basic levels.
+1

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Bucky Kid

Hello, I've found a broken behaviour in track editor
Changing of track shape is unsuccessful + following Locus behaves as route planner without routing outside any mode. Please see the screen capture

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DHeo5znrlmmeiR992

slarti76

One last, totally unnecessary thing about the startup screen: Why is everyone calling it a Star Wars screen, when it mentions a "warp core", which is a Star Trek thing? ;) And the matrix is in there, too.

No, but seriously: I find it funny, too, but I get how it may make the app look not-serious-enough for some people. Especially, if startup fails, people new to Locus might feel being fooled when the last thing they see is "Initialising warp core" (or whatever). Now Menion says in that case another more serious message appears, so that would be ok - i didn't have a startup failure.
So my two cents: Discussion is tedious for us power users, but for newbies, the whole thing might give a slightly wrong impression about Locus.
  •  

Menion

@Bucky Kid
ah that's an ugly bug. Unfortunately, it does not happen to me :/. May you please create a log right after this issue happen?

@slarti76
I also noticed one problem with this yesterday. When users see some loading progress for the longer time, it is not clear on what is application stuck. It is not simply clear that these 10 seconds was there because of loading new map etc. At least I've tried it ;).
  •  

Bucky Kid

@meinon: have you taken into account the blind turning?

•  

Menion

*** Version 3.30.1 ***
What a nice bunch of bugs I was able to made during last month. Thanks for reports!!

@Bucky Kid
Nope, this should cause no difference.
  •