Size of the characters scale

Started by Iamat66, March 08, 2018, 20:07:50

Iamat66

Hi,
Is it possible to increase the size of the characters of the scale on the left bottom screen ?
Thanks
René

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
  •  

Menion

Hello,
this is not currently possible.
Anyway to keep things for other users simple, I've added new parameter into config.file (and not directly to Locus settings) ... "map_scale_font_size".
How to: http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:advanced:customization:config
New version of Locus is planned on next week.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Iamat66

Thanks Menion

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Andrew Heard

@menion - nice feature - thanks. I gave up on scale a year ago - too small to see in sunlight. I then tried distance rings, but they cause too much clutter. I have now set the scale size to 30 so quite visible.

It is possible to toggle visibility of Distance Rings from Quick Settings panel. It would be useful and consistent to have a Quick Settings toggle for Scale visibility too? There was no interest/ votes but I also suggested allow locking the scale so accidental tap close to bottom buttons didn't change the scale format - http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/allow-lock-of-map-scale.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Hmm I expect that visibility of scale is, compare to for example distance rings etc., one time decision. Because scale is not so obtrusive at bottom of screen, I like it (want's to see it all the time), or don't. So toggle button from my point of view will have really low usage.

And locking ... you tap on it quite often because of usage of map centering/rotation etc. buttons below? There is planned change in layout of main screen ( as I wrote here ), so who knows where will ends this scale bar :).
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on March 11, 2018, 09:32:36
Because scale is not so obtrusive at bottom of screen, I like it (want's to see it all the time), or don't.
100% agree

Quote from: menion on March 11, 2018, 09:32:36
And locking ... you tap on it quite often because of usage of map centering/rotation etc. buttons below?
correct - gloves/ fat fingers/ too old - so format changes each time

bear in mind comments from @0709 about Route Planner when you make new overall look-and-feel - there is delicate balance between making nice & clean looking UI - smaller rounded buttons, but functional - larger buttons - I prefer the latter.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

I'll keep this in mind. In config.cfg is already parameter that affect size of main layout on main map screen. So I for sure will support this parameter to affect new layout ( and probably also track editor, route planner, etc.) as well.