Track Recording & GPS buttons arent colored

Started by Andrew Heard, March 07, 2018, 07:13:03

Andrew Heard

Even when track is being recorded and GPS is stable, locked on and satellites displayed the Track Recording & GPS function buttons are gray instead of showing red and orange color respectively. I've only noticed this two times in last month, so it's not related to just the latest version. I think it may be related to auto backup although hard to believe. My phone is normally turned off, and I use it primarily for running Locus Pro. The two times I have observed this problem when phone is turned on & I have tapped the Locus Pro icon it has displayed an annoying message - "can't start, performing backup" or words to that effect - I try a few times until backup is finished & Locus starts. This is the only unusual thing I can report may be related.

To state problem another way: I go into GPS/ satellite screen - all OK - tap Back button - GPS function button is gray instead of showing orange.

I go into the track recording screen - track is being recorded - tap Back button - Track Recording function button is gray instead of showing red.

As a potential suggestion regards the message - "can't start, performing backup" - instead could I suggest more user-friendly behavior - display "please wait - performing backup" and then starting Locus as normal once the backup is complete?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

•  

Menion

Hope it will finally work as expected. Problem was probably only after quick restart of application.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on March 20, 2018, 09:20:08
Hope it will finally work as expected. Problem was probably only after quick restart of application.
Working so far thanks. Yes start/ restart after this auto-backup screen - http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/why-is-auto-backup-running.
  •