Theme for onroad motorcycle riding

Started by ThomasD., February 16, 2018, 11:08:51

ThomasD.

Coming from Osmand+ the first issue for me is to find a theme for onroad motorcycling only. Reasons for switching to locus: I would like to have the database structure and the poi handling with personalized icons. Also strict mode is a thing I would like when navigating a track.

Locus themes I have testet show me to much details - even when getting in overview. Let me show you what I mean.

First: Osmand showing 2km scale in the Eifel, Germany. Preferred motorcycling area with lots of small winding roads. Osmand shows them all - and does not display all the forest and resident roads, that are closed for public.

Second: Locus with road theme and lomaps. I have to go to level 3 km, but have smaller overview. Notice the secondary roads in the small villages - they are of complete desinterest. Zooming in gives more roads mentioned above which are closed to public.

Third: Locus with Voluntary UK theme. Same thing with need to go to 3 km scale but having less overview (left). Going to 2 km scale Voluntary UK theme gets useless, showing almost closed roads:

Is there any theme or possibility to modify an existing theme to show only roads that a suitable for motorized traffic? I really donĀ“t need roads to be shown that I am not allowed to ride. And showing this roads makes the overview just confusing.

Thanks for any hint.
Regards,
Tom
  •  

BERNHARD.FRIESS

This is how a similar area looks while using Lo-map North-rhine-westphalia on my phone running Locus Map.

2018-02-18_04-27-09 by Bernie None, on Flickr

What theme do you use?
  •  

john_percy

You might like to try the attached version of the Voluntary theme to see if it meets your need. Tracks can be switched on and off in the City and Road styles.
This version of the Voluntary theme also works with OAM Multilingual maps.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

ThomasD.

john_percy: Thanks for this! Disabling all 3 tracks related items in road style gives a nice clean look. This one does the job! Will you implement this in official version?
Regards,
Tom
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: ThomasD. on February 20, 2018, 12:41:44
john_percy: Thanks for this! Disabling all 3 tracks related items in road style gives a nice clean look. This one does the job! Will you implement this in official version?
Great. I expect to release this version shortly.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Namtip

•