Author Topic: [APP] - version 3.29.+ ( 1. 2. 2018 )  (Read 6137 times)

Offline Žajdlík Josef

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Xperia M, Alcatel One Touch II, Samsung A3 (2017)
Re: [APP] - version 3.29.+ ( 1. 2. 2018 )
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2018, 07:25:16 »
@Menion
Setting auto-off so that GPS does not turn off based on time, but on the basis of inaccuracies or long FIX time, the Xperia M could be used. The GPS has stopped from nothing and mostly helped to turn it off and on again. This could be done by using the auto-off feature. I understand it's not her main job, but why not use it?

CZ: Nastavení auto-off tak, aby se GPS nevypínala na základě času, ale na základě nepřesnosti či dlouhého času FIX se hodilo třeba u Xperia M. U ní se GPS z ničeho nic zastavila a většinou pomohlo její opětovné vypnutí a zapnutí. Na to by se dala takto oklikou využít funkce auto-off. Chápu, že to není její hlavní funkce, ale proč to nevyužít?

Offline Žajdlík Josef

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2018, 20:38:00 »
Error editing record profiles in BETA. PRO version is OK. Once the recording profile has been edited, the 0 second recording interval will always appear on the summary screen. I am applying SCR.
1) create a new "experiment" profile with a time of 5 seconds
2) appears in the summary 5 seconds correctly
3) adjust the time to 15 seconds
4) the time is displayed in 0 seconds
5) When editing the profile, the time is 15 seconds correctly
Still a question. Why am I advising that the minimum value is 10 when editing the distance of the recorded point? A distance of about 4 meters is appropriate for walking.

CZ: Chyba při editaci záznamových profilů v BETA. Ve verzi PRO je to v pořádku. Po editaci záznamováho profilu se na souhrnné obrazovce vždy ukáže interval záznamu 0 sekund. Příkládám SCR.
1) vytvoření nového profilu "pokusny" s časem 5 s
2) v souhrnu se správně zobrazí 5 s
3) upravím čas na 15 s
4) v souhrnu se zobrazí čas 0 s
5) při editaci profilu je čas správně 15 s
Ještě otázka. Proč jsem při editaci vzdálenosti zaznamenávaného bodu upozorňován na to, že minimální hodnota je 10? Přitom třeba pro chůzi je vhodná vzdálenost okolo 4 metrů.

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2018, 21:56:41 »
I really believe that your use-case with GPS auto-off can't work as it is made now. In app is simple check condition: if time is 0, disable it. End of discussion. If this worked before differently, it was definitely mistake.

Issue with setup of time in recording profile: perfect, fixed, thanks!

And 10 m ... it is only a warning. 1 hour of walk with 4 m/s = 3600 trackpoints. Few hours ... crazy number of unneeded trackpoints. Because of this warning exists.

Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

The following users thanked this post: Žajdlík Josef

Offline Andrew Heard

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy A5 Oreo, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 KitKat
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2018, 05:17:42 »
@menion - I have slightly difference experience to @balloni55 - Pro displays 1 or 2 more sats and accuracy is slightly better (7m compared to 10m), although Beta has slightly higher signal strength on some bars and some green sats (I never seen green in Pro). Just initial view, not very scientific. Android 5.1.
The beta seems to obtain satellite lock a little quicker than Pro. I just did a 100km ride; identical to last week; Pro track last week, beta this week; 30m point intervals; no significant difference between the two tracks I can spot with quite detailed check in Garmin Basecamp.

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2018, 07:59:46 »
Thanks for a test Andrew. It at least confirms, that system work. If there are no significant changes, it is ok. It at least does not look worst, which is important. Thanks :).
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline Žajdlík Josef

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2018, 17:09:22 »
BETA
Satellite screen. Three dots / setting / sensors / compass. When selecting Auto Change, the Set button does not work. The remaining two options are functional.

Cz: Obrazovka Satelity. Tři tečky / nastavení / senzory / kompas. Při výběru Automatická změna nefunguje tlačítko Nastavit. U zbývajících dvou voleb je funkční

The following users thanked this post: menion

Offline john_percy

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: MotoG
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2018, 00:48:01 »
Two problems in the latest beta:

Just the wording. The error isn't unknown, it is no internet.

I got stuck in an endless loop here. I had just downloaded the bike navigation cursors from the Store. Both the Locus back arrow and the phone back button took me back one screen, but Locus then reloaded the displayed page. This has now happened to me twice when visiting the Store. This time a quick double tap on the back button worked.

And finally, lock up at ZL9 world map continues to bug me.

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2018, 12:31:16 »
Thanks John,
this specific error message may be a problem. Seems you were not logged and you tapped on top right user icon that should start login process, right? Error say, that Android system (Google Play services), had for some reason problem with your login. I've already prepared new version, so this error will remain in app, but thanks anyway.
Problem with "endless loop". Next version 3.30.0 will hopefully solve this (I was fighting with it for almost a day and I'm still not sure if it's solved, we will see).
Problem with stuck during zoom ... as I wrote, it needs more time. Anyway I at least did small improvement (that may help).

And ... new version 3.30.0 just uploading, uff.
Ideas, wishes, problems