LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Thanks John, glad you like it ;).

@balloni55
Icons are mainly usable for a folders, so I was thinking about it like a "folder with related activities". So I'm on vacation in Alps and have a week of bouldering, so I create a new folder with this icon and short trips and activities place here. Similar with others ... is it an bad idea?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

alezy

Hello, menion!
I found interesting problem. I frequently use tracks and points from "map items". When I tap on such track or point, it is not possible to hide it with drop-down menu, but it would be nice.
Even more, if I made copy of map items track, storing it in internal database, then I can't hide it with drop down menu too, but recorded tracks can be hidden without any issues.
And also, when I made copy of map items point, I can hide this point from drop-down menu, and map items point is also hidden! After that I delete copied point and original point still remains hidden! I look in left "map items" menu and all points must be visible, I reset and again set visibility settings of hidden point in this menu with no luck. The only method to show this point is to unload and then load file from map items menu.
  •  

balloni55

Quoteis it an bad idea?
i didn´t know ;)
for me track folder for now include tracks and for these activities/icons i can´t see any meaningful recorded or planned track.

unless ideas like this are realised ;)
http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/track-editor-add-waypoint-directly
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

some text inside upload notification is english although both Beta and Pro language is set to german.

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

lor74cas

Hello,
in route planner occasionally if I touch the screen too loong appears the "infopoint message" with Street Place etc. There is no way to make it disappear in a simple way in the case it's unwanted.
Something like swipe away should be perfect.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

@alezy
sounds complicated :). May I ask for better step-by-step description together with some file to test? Best to simulate on own device, thanks.

@balloni55
probably just some text not yet uploaded or translated on Crowdin.

@lor74cas
in this case, "back" button on bottom panel should help.
Same system as in Route planner is used also on main map screen, but understand, there is no such problem like tap somewhere on map to hide label, which simply start new compute.

I'll try to improve it.
  •  

alezy

•  

Menion

Very nice video, thank you!
Hiding of points and tracks in case of KML file is more complicated. I have to say that I have small mess in code that work with these files, anyway I was able to make it work at least for a tracks now.

About other issues with hiding etc. I believe I have an reason of this behavior, so consider as solved, thank you!
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: balloni55 on February 22, 2018, 19:27:29
Quoteis it an bad idea?
i didn´t know ;)
for me track folder for now include tracks and for these activities/icons i can´t see any meaningful recorded or planned track.

unless ideas like this are realised ;)
http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/track-editor-add-waypoint-directly
Support that! ;)

Regardless, I'm all for more icons, even if some activities don't seem to make sense. But for me, most do. Point in case: Bouldering - of course the bouldering itself is probably not recorded as track. But in the mountains, you'll often have an approach, so you want a track folder with your trips to boulder spots. Makes perfect sense to me.
Having said that, I can do without tennis  ;D

@Menion: While you're at it: Could you add some kind of icon for "Mixed" or "Undefined"? When travelling, I often have tracks where I walk, take the bus, etc. but it doesn't make much sense to cut the track into pieces. Right now, I use the Couch icon, but that doesn't really fit... Perhaps a simple question mark...
  •  

slarti76

One more thing about the icons:
Why are the "Locus (Track)" icons hardcoded only for tracks? Many of those would make perfect sense for folders in the Points section. Even "Tennis" would make more sense there. I don't see a good reason to restrict the user here...

Menion

If you are interested, check this web site: https://thenounproject.com/ . There is a lot of nice icons and if find some useful that, with its style, match current style in Locus, let me know and I'll consider adding it to the list (I've purchased account to middle of March).
Why only tracks? idea is to keep the united style for track folders with simple black & white icons mostly related to activities. It is then easier to distinguish these folders from point folders.
  •  

john_percy

Internal theme for Mapsforge ML/V4 maps has a misspelling

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

john_percy

@menion: Beta expired today (1 March). Is there a new version being uploaded soon?
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

I'm hurry .. planned on today ... not sure, in worst case tomorrow morning.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

•