Auto-export of tracks and POIs

Started by elmuSSo, May 16, 2011, 18:19:36

elmuSSo

Zdarec.

I have one wish, can You add functionality to periodic or when-new-added auto-export of tracks and POIs. Im syncing my GPXs and KMLs with dropbox, so it would be great to have it automatic. Beside that, it would be also useful to overwrite old export, not force the change of name (as it is now). Each track has 7 copies, all withe same size but different names ...001...  ...002... ...003... ...004... ...005... ...006... ...007... And this amount will increase.

Dik kamo!
  •  

elmuSSo

Wow. No replies?
  •  

Menion

:) yes no response. I do not see this feature useful or interesting and as you see ... no response ... so probably no other person. Why auto export data with every new? You can export them once after some time ...

I should just add some new settings - overwrite data with export if this helps
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

durian

Overwriting (optional) would maybe be good; I'm also filling up with 001 002 003 etc versions :-)

-peter
  •  

elmuSSo

menion: im recording tracks everyday. its my favourite feature. so I have them a lot. and the new are coming pretty fast. I love to visualise them on my PC on Google Earth. and every night I have scheduled an automatic synchronisation of different folders in my phone with my dropbox account. So it would be great to synchronise Locus export dir with my dropbox in this way. Next day I will wake up and see my tracks on my PC:)
Remember, some of the people are using this feature a lot, even if they are not posting here that they are:)
Prosim.
  •  

Menion

fine, so you have on market version two new feature so test them please ...

1. auto export tracks after record
2. overwrite data when export
  •  

durian

Thanks! Also for the "show last n points". I am installing the new version now,

-peter
  •  

Menion

you're welcome. Test it and let me know if any problem occur. I don't tested it a lot :)
  •  

durian

Quote from: "menion"you're welcome. Test it and let me know if any problem occur. I don't tested it a lot :)
That what users are for ;)

I walked a bit in the afternoon, with the Locus tracklogging on (1 per second). It showed a nice trail of the last points: //http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24093622/1306244545686.png

it auto-exported when I stopped the log, but I haven't looked at that track yet.
-peter
  •  

elmuSSo

Ok. I will test is intensively. Thanks!
  •