Cartridges not loaded

Started by larsiant, October 21, 2010, 10:47:57

larsiant

I installed the Android-Software from the marketplace.
Then I downloaded some cartridges and put them to the "whereyougo"-directory. When I start the program, there is an error-report that there are no cartridges in the folder.
I tried several cartridges as a single file in the folder (even one that worked before on Andoid 2.1), but none of them worked.
Any advices?

My device:
HTC Desire with Froyo/2.2
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  you say they you try cartridge that worked on 2.1? So a suggest, that these are correct cartridges downloaded by desktop PC, no one downloaded directly by phone browser. If this is right, please send me not-working cartridges on email together with GC code of this cache.

PS: one important question: your phone type and whether your ROM is original stock or not ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

larsiant

Thanks for the fast reply!

It's the original Vodafone-ROM, which is not branded, just the original HTC update to 2.2.
I downloaded the cartridges from the where-i-go-website with my PC (the Windows Mobile version of the cartridges) and transferred it to my Android.

My phone type is an HTC Desire from May 2010.

Any more suggestions? Or should I mail you the cartidge-files?
  •  

Menion

oki perfect, this have to work if this is not any problem directly with cartridge! so please send me wrong cartridge on email together with GC code (i want download my own copy, for a case ...) ... I'll look on it maybe tomorrow ...
  •  

larsiant

By the way: the exact error is as follows:

"Information
No Whereigo cartridge available.
Add cartridge file (*.gwc) into /mnt/sdcard/WhereYouGo/ directory and start WhereYouGo again!"

Just sent you an email.
have a nice weekend.
  •  

Menion

larsiant, please!
  when you look in any text editor on files you send me, all are only web pages but named *.gwc and not *.html ... please use your desktop browser (firefox or opera) and download correct files, copy then onto sd card, try it and let me know ;)
  •