[APP] - version 3.28.+ ( 20. 12. 2017 )

Started by Menion, December 20, 2017, 16:51:27

michaelbechtold

Quote from: john_percy on January 15, 2018, 10:06:35
1. I've got the world map to work with world map from OAM. Thanks for the response. I'm not sure that I prefer it to the old Vector version though.

Hi John,
1) the old ones you used for test are something like v 0.5 - over the year I worked a lot on the level of information provided, visibility of labels and the tooling behind. It is a companion to offline Wikipedia, for world travelers and curious people
2) still, it will be a matter of taste
3) BUT, now the users have an easy CHOICE, overlays are free for other usefule use cases, and this is the major thing Menion thankfully gave us
Cheers
Michael
  •  

john_percy

@Michael: thanks - are your latest versions available elsewhere?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

balloni55

hello menion,
after a (long) while, i think i got it, how the offline "world map" work together with offline vector map
and it works very good indeed ;)
two behaviors should be improved
1. if i close locus with displayed world map <=ZL9 and restart locus, there is no map displayed till i zoom with +- button.
2. zooming with +- buttons work well, map and  POI´s are always displayed correct :D
but zooming with one or two fingers at ZL<=9 mapzoom isn´t visible till i release my finger and POI´s are floating
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhbd8yr4u7s2l5s/worldzoom.mp4?dl=0
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@slarti76
uff, quite a serious problem in editor of track, thanks! Problem happen because of editing first trackpoint, hopefully solved.

@Žajdlík Josef
Crash on 4.x devices should be fixed. Some problem in Android itself.

@balloni55
Funny zoom of world map and white map after start fixed as well

Also seems that here is some confusion with world map. What is main problem ... my description how it works ( conditions to see map in list of available world maps ) or some other problem? Asking, to make it better/easier to understand.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: menion on January 17, 2018, 10:59:01
@slarti76
uff, quite a serious problem in editor of track, thanks! Problem happen because of editing first trackpoint, hopefully solved.
Great, thx! It just happened to me again and I wanted to add that step 1 (deleting a part at the start) obviously wasn't important - but looks like you found that out yourself :)
I sometimes have the feeling that I'm the most extensive user of the track editor here ;)
  •  

Menion

*** New version 3.28.1.3 ***
- probably biggest news, but not so interesting for you here :) ... alpha version of the new Locus Store. So if you use it for something, feedback is welcome.
- other news after start as usually
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

•  

Žajdlík Josef

This time, the application crashes when you try to start the Locus store. Tested on Android 4.3 and 5.0.
  •  

balloni55

V 3.28.1.3
QuoteFunny zoom of world map and white map after start fixed as well
confirm solved :)
QuoteAlso seems that here is some confusion with world map. What is main problem
for me to realize the mix "world map raster" stored in locus/maps, with a vector map stored in Locus maps vector :-[

another small issue, also in Pro
if "rotate map" is active and i rotate map by fingers, the button is furthermore blue, other color or flashing will be better.
example see screenshot: device pointing south, map is rotated by finges ~90°, rotating button is furthermore blue but map didnt rotate till i click rotating button again

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hi Wolfgang,
on my devices, the world overview maps are on external SD. The folder is known to Locus, and Locus offers all raster maps there (and some from other places) when I want to select an overview map. Very convenient.
Cheers
Michael
  •  

Andrew Heard

When I first accessed new Store in 3.28.1.3 I got this error

but on 2nd attempt the new store was correctly displayed.

3.28.1.3 is now working on Android 4.2.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

john_percy

Store:
1. Difficult to identify themes as opposed to other graphic elements
2. Wrench icon on Map section of Store has "Show on Map" option. I can't work out what that is supposed to do.

•  

voldapet

@john_percy
Thank you for comments
1. I can understand ...have you tried filter under wrench icon?
2. Can I ask you what was your initial idea when you saw the "Show on map" label. What did you think about it? (I only want to better understand you and other user to avoid potential complications).
"Show in map" shows the location of items (maps) in map view. It helps to search items on the map.  (please try it in any section where are any maps). I know that this feature is useless in "Graphic" section (we know about it and it's waiting for improving)
  •  

john_percy

@voldapet:
1. Aha. But I didn't think to try that, so it's not obvious enough for me!
2. Under Maps, there are a host of maps. Click wrench, then show on map. Show what? I wonder. One map? All maps? Which map? Legend says, Zoom in. Nothing different on zooming in. My initial idea was it might be a preview of the available map, but I had no idea how I could cycle through them.
Try the same thing with Tracks. Lots of available tracks. Which track is it meant to display? It doesn't anyway. My initial idea here was I might see the tracks centred on a map. But which track?

•  

Menion

*** new version 3.28.1.5 ***
- news after start as usually.

Michal & John, I've moved topic related to special world map to separate topic, not to mess with topics related to latest app version, thanks for understanding.
Topic: http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6019.0
  •