[APP] - version 3.28.+ ( 20. 12. 2017 )

Started by Menion, December 20, 2017, 16:51:27

Viajero Perdido

Thanks everyone.

It's a minor issue, and I can live with it.  But I thought I'd mention it, since it was me that brought up the related earlier issue with LoMaps.

I'd used V3 in all my OAM maps up till now, but thought I'd try V4, because theoretically newer is better, right?  Now I'm not so sure.  So V3 uses menion turbo-optimized-code and V4 uses off-the-shelf code?  I see V4 gives far fewer theme options, but at least the matching Elements/Elevate are there.
  •  

Menion

Yes this is correct. All V3 maps use or internal modified mapsForge version from, hmm maybe three years old. Maps based on V4 generator use in latest Locus Map version, MapsForge in version 0.9.0 . You may at least compare speeds, but I still expected that modified old version will be faster in most cases. If not, it will be positive information for me.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

slarti76

First of all: Happy New Year, everyone, especially Menion! :)
Now yesterday I stumbled over a rather serious bug with the track editor. Import the attached track. The start looks like in Before.png.
Now do this:

• Modify track
  • Mark point 4 and "Delete all before"
  • "Insert/edit track points" and move the first two or three points a little (see Step3.png)
  • Now select a point further on, e.g. 7, do Insert/edit again and move it just a little.
Now the whole section is jumbled up - After.png.
In step 3 it's important to move at least two points, and beginning with the first point of the track. Otherwise everything is fine.
Granted, very special situation - but with a very bad outcome...
  •  

Menion

Hi,
so after almost three weeks??? new Beta version. Uff, such long pause ...

@slarti76
thanks, I'll look at it during a week
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

New Beta crashes when launched on Android 4.2 and 4.3. V 5.0 works.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Thank you so much, Menion.
The new overview map feature works like a charm.
http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/better-world-base-map#comment-48942
In also like the fact that only offline DB files are presented. No need to traverse file trees.
Now I need to remove the transparent top zoom layer :-)
Have a nice weekend
Michael

Gesendet von meinem LG-H850 mit Tapatalk

•  

john_percy

Quote from: michaelbechtold on January 14, 2018, 08:37:42
Thank you so much, Menion.
The new overview map feature works like a charm.
Michael
How do you get the overview map to work? I get Disabled in settings and can't change the setting. I have the hidden world map from the Locus Store downloaded and working.

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hi John,
I had a number of MBtiles maps on the Smartphone on external SD that Locus already "knew", and they simply appeared. So I did not (yet) start from scratch, but rather simply enjoyed the feature.
I tried on a second phone and the longer list of raster maps appears just below the "disabled" top line.
The maps I see are all in a SD card folder that I explicitly added to the Locus search path, like on the first phone.
BUT the raster maps that are in the "Maps" folder of the Locus main folder are NOT offered.
I'll play a bit to find a pattern.
  •  

michaelbechtold

I just downloaded an old SQLITE (not MBTILES) overview map from OAM and this one ended up in the "Maps" sub-folder of the Locus main path.
I now checked the other maps in this folder: they are not matching the condition to have a zoom level 1 :-)
  •  

balloni55

thanks for new version 3.28.1.2
map backup:
- is it necessary that locus create two sub directories?? > maps/test
- wording "download" it´s an upload ;)

http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/upload-fieldnote-with-attached-photo
furthermore FC :-[
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

As I wrote in help desk, currently as a "world map" is considered map, with zoom levels usable for a world map. To simplify it, I've set condition to map with zoom level 1.

@john_percy
world map from Locus Store is old and little bit different system which is completely automatically used for V3 vector maps. It should be anyway in future replaced by this system.

@balloni55
- "maps/test" ... heh probably some of my tests, sorry :)
- incorrect wording, perfect
- FC in photos ... as you may see, I did not yet looked it, sorry.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on January 14, 2018, 08:01:18
New Beta crashes when launched on Android 4.2 and 4.3. V 5.0 works.
Crash on Android 4.2 here too.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

john_percy

1. I've got the world map to work with world map from OAM. Thanks for the response. I'm not sure that I prefer it to the old Vector version though.
2. Quite frequently the beta app opens to a blank white map. Zooming in or out redraws the map correctly. I think this may be when it should be displaying the world map but I'm not sure yet.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: menion on January 14, 2018, 16:27:29
As I wrote in help desk, currently as a "world map" is considered map, with zoom levels usable for a world map. To simplify it, I've set condition to map with zoom level 1.

@john_percy
world map from Locus Store is old and little bit different system which is completely automatically used for V3 vector maps. It should be anyway in future replaced by this system.
Sorry, I still don't get it. So 1) the "World Map" has to be vector map, right? Then 2) Where do I get such a map? As you write, the Store World Map does not work - but can't find a hint as to where to find a fitting map.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: slarti76 on January 15, 2018, 14:10:22
Sorry, I still don't get it. So 1) the "World Map" has to be vector map, right? Then 2) Where do I get such a map? As you write, the Store World Map does not work - but can't find a hint as to where to find a fitting map.
Ok, forget my question, the map I tried was missing Level 1 - now it works.

However, there's one strange thing: Zooming in/out with two fingers doesn't zoom the map smoothly. If I choose the same map (it's a pixel map) as main map, it zooms smoothly in the same levels. Interestingly, when there are points displayed on the screen, their positions are zoomed smoothly, while the map is only refreshed once I lift my fingers. Looks weird...
  •