Author Topic: Wear for Locus Map beta testing  (Read 5147 times)

Offline skwal

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Device: xcompact
Re: Wear for Locus Map beta testing
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2018, 13:48:29 »

Sorry for the later answer.

But I can confirm that if you turn off Locus Map on the phone while having Wear for Locus Map opened on the watch then Locus Map will just restart on the background because the watch still requests its services, that is the designed behavior.
that is what i was talking about. and i understand when locus on the phone restarts when it chrashed when it is connected to the watch
but its unpractical when you click the ok button on locus to confirm to close the app and forget the wtach and it just restarts and drain the phone battery.

Would you like maybe to have some dialog popup in the Locus Map saying that the watch is still connected and whether it should force kill the connection and then terminate Locus Map itself or something like that?
that sounds good

Offline milan.cejnar

• Administrator
  • More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2018, 11:14:15 »
Hello guys,
a new beta version 1.1.2 of Wear for Locus Map has just been released.

If someone here wishes to test it and is not yet registered as a beta tester you can opt-in to become one via this link.

The version fixes some problems with swiping/scrolling in the track recording dashboard and also adds:

- heart rate measurement (and online HRM synchronization with LM) during track recording
- configurable values/statistics in track recording dashboard
- custom waypoint naming when adding new waypoint

Any testing and feedback is very welcome :)

Have a nice day,
Milan

Offline Danjel Rojka

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2018, 14:44:28 »
Hello Guys,

i have install the new app wear for Locus. I activate the HRM to synchronize to Locus Map. I see the Heart Rate Sensor was active but on the Smartwatch the Data was not send and not visible. I have setup the Dashboard on Smartwatch and the Track Recording was without Heart Rate Measurement.

Best Regards
Danjel

Offline milan.cejnar

• Administrator
  • More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2018, 15:09:26 »
@Danjel Rojka
So HRM is not working? :/ Can you confirm that the service is running on the watch while track recording is active? (Permanent notification should be in your watch notification area saying that the HR is running due to track recording).
Do you use latest versions of Locus Map and Wear for Locus Map apps on the phone?
Could you try running some other heart rate measuring app at the same time to see that the HR is really recorded by the watch?
And by the way, what watch are you using?

Thanks,
Milan

Offline Danjel Rojka

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2018, 15:15:03 »
So HRM is not working? :/ Can you confirm that the service is running on the watch while track recording is active? YES

(Permanent notification should be in your watch notification area saying that the HR is running due to track recording). YES

Do you use latest versions of Locus Map and Wear for Locus Map apps on the phone? Both is the latest Version. Locus Map 3.32.2 and Locus Wear Beta

Could you try running some other heart rate measuring app at the same time to see that the HR is really recorded by the watch? I have started the Polar App on the Watch and the Heart Rate was recorded and visible.

And by the way, what watch are you using? Polar M600 and the newest Wear OS

Offline H Ifang

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2018, 17:40:32 »
OK, got the beta.
At first I always had bluetooth connection error messages. As not everyone has auto-updates active on the phone: it should be noted that next to the Locus app on the watch also the counterpart on the phone "Wear for Locus" needs a (probably beta) update. And I also had to kill Locus app on the phone to get the new version active, at least only after that everything worked on the watch (Wear OS 1.5 / Home app 2.15).

I did not yet try in a real activity, but from what I can see sitting on the couch, all interesting data can now be configured to the dashboard, and the 4 pages should be enough for all one needs. The one page with only two and thus slightly bigger fonts should be helpful for running / being able to read it while running.

I am just (really) missing one thing: you still cannot switch between map and dashboard using a button, a third button (if existing) that is. Without this, the app cannot be used touch-less. The third button is currently used redundantly in both dashboard (switching pages can also be done with rotating the main button) and map (zooming can be done with rotating) - provided the main button is rotatable of course.
And even if you prefer a button press over turning for switching pages, one direction is enough to easily reach the 4 pages (of course that does not apply to the zoom).
Any chance this can get configurable? (so the one single option in new configuration dialog is no longer that lonely ;) - btw. I wont use this, the Q Explorist does not have its own HR, so I hope the dashboard element will show HR from the phone as long as this option is unused.

Thanks for the update.
If I find new aspects in real use I will check back.