Author Topic: Wear for Locus Map beta testing  (Read 7105 times)

Offline fera

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Device: Xiaomi Mi A1, Misfit Vapor
Re: Wear for Locus Map beta testing
« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2018, 14:53:59 »
Hi there!

I've just given Majka's SGT-workaround a try, and I got to say it's working like a charm!
As soon as I started SGT on my watch, I got stable HR reading with no droppings at all, although neither the Locus Wear app, nor the SGT app was running in the foreground, I saw my watchface the whole time.

So I think Majka is completely right, somehow SGT "forces" the HRM sensor's SW-side in a stronger way than the locus add-on and that way the readouts are always executed, regardless of the watches' state. (During testing my display was off, until I raised my hand, but it did not matter for Locus, the measurements were always made)

Also I noticed a significantly more severe battery drain on both my watch and phone when SGT was running along with the locus add-on, so it would be really great if this workaround was not necessary  :)

Here is my screenshot with time on the x axis:

Oh and yes, the zero values on the plot were present until I started SGT.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 14:56:08 by fera »

Offline Marie Zemanova

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2018, 12:17:11 »
Also I noticed a significantly more severe battery drain on both my watch and phone when SGT was running along with the locus add-on, so it would be really great if this workaround was not necessary  :)
I wouldn't expect much lower battery drain from dropping the SGT should it not be necessary.

The main difference in battery consumption on the watch is because Locus alone doesn't get the HR sensor working. On the phone, there might be slightly more battery drain if the SGT app on phone is running as well. Additional difference would be that probably more communication is happening over BT when the HR is working fine as well.

Offline Danjel Rojka

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2018, 17:02:03 »
Another thing, would it be possible to set and save the dashboards depending on the activity? Further it is only possible to set the dashboards when the recording is running. It is not possible to set the dashboards before.

Offline milan.cejnar

• Administrator
  • More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2018, 22:32:39 »
@Danjel Rojka
Hello, sorry I have forgotten to answer your last question. Dashboard presets depending on the selected track recording profile is a good idea and it could be really useful. It is not planned at the moment (I will be focusing mainly on communication issues in the next update) but some time later I think this could be doable.
Dashboard configuration without (i.e. before) active track recording would be a nice to have feature but I think it is not exactly a deal breaker. I will definitely keep this in mind though.

Anyway, for you all guys, there is a new 1.1.7 version for the watch (phone version remained at 1.1.6). There are only minor fixes i.e. there was a problem with opening the menu on some older watches and some crashes or weird behavior during track recording start. I also added "wake lock" to the track recording service on the watch so now the service should really be running in the background reliably but it will not probably solve issues with HRM caused by communication problems.
So maybe just try the new version out and see if it helped in any way or if it is the same. Any other feedback or reports of problems are also very welcome :)

Also sorry that there is once again kind of less activity with the Wear add-on but I am pretty busy with writing a new Locus add-on for Samsung Gear/Galaxy Watch at the moment. We are hoping that we will be able to unify parts of the Gear and Wear add-ons later so both add-ons could benefit from the development.

Have a nice weekend!