Chart speed not displayed as 0km/h while stopped

Started by Andrew Heard, November 21, 2017, 04:36:57

Andrew Heard

I normally set chart X axis to distance, but today needed to accurately measure time stopped (3 places). To my surprise these times @ 78, 106 and 281 minutes show non-zero speed! All 3 times the line is perfectly straight over periods of many minutes (5, 14, 4 minutes respectively), clearly unlikely for a cyclist of my ability. It appears the speed at beginning of the stop is displayed as last non-zero speed, and straight line is then drawn to first non-zero speed once riding again.
Settings:

Black vertical lines show period while speed should be 0km/h:

LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Good day Andrew,
thanks for a report. I see main problem here that chart does not match to statistics tab. In statistics is visible that around 31 minutes, there was "no movement" and it's not correctly reflected on chart, agree.

So I hope this will be better

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Andrew Heard

Nice. That makes it very clear to see where no movement.

Probably odd combination to have in the chart - but I notice even with 3.27.1.2 beta that gradient on 2nd Y axis is still non-zero during places of no movement. Should be zero or not visible too.
  •  

Menion

Hello Andrew,
gradient, like change of elevation? Does it make sense? Fact, that there is no movement, does not mean that your elevation is "unknown", right?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Hi @Menion - agreed the elevation is known and constant while stopped. So constant elevation = 0% gradient over that period of time. But I think even better is blank like speed.

•