Author Topic: [APP] - version 3.26.+ ( 11. 10. 2017 )  (Read 5743 times)

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
Re: [APP] - version 3.26.+ ( 11. 10. 2017 )
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2017, 08:15:59 »
Michael thanks for an answer, but you did not answered to my question I think.
Or you wants to say that even a map in version 4, thank in Locus should use latest 0.8.0 version of MF library, looks different compare to other apps that use this new version of MF?
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline michaelbechtold

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2017, 11:17:46 »
True, Locus display via MF 0.8 looks different from Cruiser, which is kind of reference App for MF.
I documented with two screenshots, both with the basic OSMARENDER theme:
- the Cruiser one (advanced, lextra label layer mode) correctly shows both cities
- the Locus one is missing Wiesbaden
When I check Cruiser in normal mode, it is missing Mainz instead.
Rendering without Label Layer is like rolling the dice ...
Maybe you have a talk with Emux to explore.

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2017, 22:56:58 »
Oki, thanks Michael. I'm surprised, there is any difference as I expected, results will be exactly same. I'll check it ...
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

The following users thanked this post: michaelbechtold, erfi

Offline michaelbechtold

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2017, 23:36:12 »
BTW: a full migration of all MF features may be a longer term endeavor (while preserving the speed of Locus :-).
But I suppose that theme functions like "display=always" will not be too hard to implement. And would give a LOT of power to theme authors.
Priorities would be the next on the list, but may need some more thoughts.
TXs and cheers
Michael
PS: it's great to to attach bells and whistles, and fancy little towers and more to a house, but from time to time it's key to upgrade the foundation :-)

Offline tapio

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Device: Sony Xperia Z1
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2017, 14:16:54 »
I found some inconvenience with the route planner as it automatically saves unfinished routes.

- I am somewhere else (lets say POS1) and want to start from there.
- I enter route planner, it loads the last, unfinished route and centers the map there
- I don't need it and abort that one

The inconvenience is, now I have lost the POS1 and need to find it.

And as for the route planner, it has been mentioned: possibility to change map and theme is desparately needed.

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2017, 16:16:00 »
Good day Tapio,
Route planner expect that you have some unfinished work so it simply allows to quickly continue from where you left. Imagine opposite situation, when you do some planning, you will want to continue, but meanwhile you change you center location, zoom etc. on main map screen and after return to Route planner, you will hardly search for a place, when you end with planning before ...
Ideas, wishes, problems

Offline alezy

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2017, 15:19:32 »
Hello, Menion!
I can open recorded track in "Route planner". The route planner opens with two shaping points placed on start and end of track,  and with auxiliary point placed in the middle of track. The route placed exactly over track. But when I move auxiliary point, the route rendered as two straight segments (from start to aux. point and from aux point to end). It is a bit confusing.
When I try to Navigate by the track, Locus try to make some voice command at the points where direction of track is changing. Maybe this algorithm can be adopted to create shaping points in route from track shape, so form of route will be better approximation than in current version.

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2017, 20:13:06 »
Hello,
fact that route is then made only from two row segments means that you do not have enabled routing system. Tap on big blue button in bottom left and select how you wants to recompute route after some modifications. If you wants to keep part of route as is, just tap on route on certain places and create shaping point there. Create for example two shaping points before and after segment you wants to modify and then simply drag auxiliary point between. Hope this helps.
Ideas, wishes, problems

Offline john_percy

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: MotoG
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2017, 00:21:22 »
The help manual shows "Delete route" in the illustration instead of "Clear planner".
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 18:55:24 by gynta »

Offline alezy

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2017, 07:06:02 »
@menion, trying as you say, results are in video https://youtu.be/C47SebUCNfI

Offline tapio

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Device: Sony Xperia Z1
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2017, 18:02:34 »
Good day Tapio,
Route planner expect that you have some unfinished work so it simply allows to quickly continue from where you left. Imagine opposite situation, when you do some planning, you will want to continue, but meanwhile you change you center location, zoom etc. on main map screen and after return to Route planner, you will hardly search for a place, when you end with planning before ...
Hi,
Yes, but I think it should store the current map center when entering the planner. And go there, if I choose 'delete route'. Or in that 'restored old session' message allow to instantly undo/delete the restored session.

Offline balloni55

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Motorola G3 MM 6.01, SGS2 CM14 7.1
« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2017, 21:08:35 »
Hello menion,
two minor issues
- different wording inside point/track tabs > click on folder icon "load all" click on eye button inside folder "show all"

- long click on 3-dot button top right in data window points tab or tracks tab > popup "more options" ????
Locus PRO 3.27.1

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2017, 22:52:33 »
I've forget to close this topic, so le't continue in discussion in new topic here: http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=5936.0 . Anyway thanks for help as usually. I believe that now it's Nogo system quite usable as well as new styling system for lines. Hope you all find is useful from time to time ...

@john_percy:
thanks, forwarded to @Michal

@alezy:
nice video, thanks!
Please check my instructions once more: Tap on big blue button in bottom left and select how you wants to recompute route after some modifications. If you wants to keep part of route as is, just tap on route!! on certain places and create shaping point there. Create for example two shaping points before and after segment you wants to modify and then simply drag auxiliary point between.

@tapio:
thanks for an opinion. I still vote for simple logical solution: return where you left it ..

@balloni55:
- good point with different working, I'll fix it, thanks
- about long click ... probably almost all buttons in top toolbar will have some popup hint. It is added automatically by Android in case, developer attach any text as hint to these buttons ... as I did here. And well, under button is "more options" ;).
Ideas, wishes, problems