Odd problem with Field Notes

Started by JohnCNA, September 27, 2017, 17:06:14

JohnCNA

I had an odd problem with Field Notes yesterday.  I always use "Upload Field Note" option when logging geocaches.  Later, I go online and add and embellish my logs and post them. Then I delete the field notes from Locus and update the geocaches in the Points list.  This has always worked well for me.

Yesterday, I inadvertently left the Log Type as "Found" when I posted a DNF log. I have done this once or twice in the past, and just corrected it online before posting.  After deleting the Field Note from Locus and updating the list, everything would show properly.

Yesterday however, the two geocaches I made this mistake with are still showing up on the Locus map with smileys, even though the log type is DNF.  I tried some corrective steps, but they aren't working.  See my steps and results below.

The red circle highlights one of the caches with the problem.  In Locus as well as online, there is a single log with log type DNF.  Yet it shows a smiley on the map.  It shows with a smiley in the List view, too. There are no saved logs or field notes in Locus.

This is the log itself in Locus.  Again, all field notes have been deleted from Locus

Next, I posted a new (second) DNF field note in Locus.  Locus now shows the DNF on the map, as well as in the List view.

I did an Update in the list, everything is still good.  I deleted the Field Note in Locus, and the smiley came back, even if I did an Update in the list view again.  As I mentioned before, I have made this mistake a couple times in the past, and just deleting the Field Note in Locus after correcting the log online and then updating the list would always take care of this.  Now, it does not work.

This appears to be something new with 3.25.5.  I am using the 'Locus - Addon FieldNotes' v1.4.6.2, if that is significant here.
  •  

Menion

Good day John,
sorry for a late answer here.
I'm really not sure why this problem may happen, but let's try few things.

Firstly I really suggest to check if there are no invalid field notes in Locus. Best is to open cache detail screen. In first main tab at top, should be listed all field notes stored in app. Best ... remove them all. To have all perfectly clear, suggest to remove cache itself as well and import a new one.
What may happen here, is that old "found" log was still in app .. just my thoughts.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •