Author Topic: [APP] - version 3.25.+ ( 9. 8. 2017 )  (Read 21481 times)

Offline lor74cas

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
Re: [APP] - version 3.25.+ ( 9. 8. 2017 )
« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2017, 12:38:55 »
hello, my name is shara, i'm italian girl and sorry for my language  ;-)
I have install first time locus for a week
i have nexus 5x and android 8 Oreo
pc windows 8.1
my question's:
1) to know my version where I have to look?

2) one problem is share track, but I saw that it was solved with new version..good
but i have another problem: if I save the track (example in the export folder...), if i connect the nexus of the Pc
in the Locus/export folder I can not find the gpx file...I have to restart nexus, for find the file..
(is the problem locus? or android, nexus, pc..?

3) the version in this post is beta...where then I find the  stable version ?
 and for update version, first best to uninstall actual version? but the folder locus/map are you lost?
(i have several maps GB in this folder..)

thanks shara
Answered in PM in Italian

The following users thanked this post: menion

Offline alezy

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
« Reply #196 on: October 05, 2017, 12:44:29 »
@menion, some small ideas:
When I in Track Editor and press to any point, point menu is shown. The most used action is track modifying (Insert/edit trackpoint), so you may enable editing mode by long press to pencil. And also in top point info with (i) sign, you can show Details on long press. Also, why you disabled long press on "delete point" action to clear route?
In point detail screen it would be useful to have left/right swipes for showing next/previous point.

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
« Reply #197 on: October 05, 2017, 16:28:25 »
@0709:
not sure what you expect from me now.

@Andrew Heard:
I wrote huge list of changes ( smaller changes I thought ).
List? Hmm ... as I see in my source code repository, changes related to Route planner system:
- chg: completely new system of dynamic actions for move/zoom/fling actions and applied this system on few places
- chg: new system of centering map content  ( based on panning instead of direct set of new location )
- chg: disabled "map" button on chart displayed from Route planner
- chg: fixed validity of Nogo points to one day ( to be valid also for selected day )
- chg: performance improvements
- chg: removed old Route planner system
- chg: convert trackpoint > shaping point does not trigger recalculate
- chg: improved internal handling of nogo places
- chg: text improvements

"Insert/remove break" .. bug, thanks

@alezy:
Insert/edit trackpoint action is maybe most used Your function, but for sure not to every user. No long click is currently planner, sorry.

"Also, why you disabled long press on "delete point" action to clear route?" - you mean in Route planner, right? Clear of route is currently placed in side menu. It's usage is not so often so one slide to open menu to access this feature is for sure not a problem.
"Left/right" swipes ... yes, that should be nice. I know I've read this idea a long time ago on help desk, cannot find it now. Anyway it's not an easy task for now, sorry.
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

The following users thanked this post: Andrew Heard

Offline zhaelon

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 05, 2017, 16:37:04 »
I noticed that when you add a point from the database, say Restaurant A to the track with the + button, it becomes a via point and uses the name as description. When you move the point, it is converted back to a shaping point. This is a good feature, as it makes planning and shaping easier.

Maybe I missed it, but I was looking for the remaining option: moving a shaping point on top of / near a point from the database could offer the conversion to a via point. That way, I could plan a route, search for a place along the route, then add a shaping point near the POI and move it to the search result and directly have a via point with the additional information :-)

The fix for the Google Places works like a charm. I haven't seen any wrong entries starting with the previous beta. Thanks a lot!

I noticed one more thing during my tests: I planned the routes using the beta version, stored them and then use the pro version as usual (because I added the widget, etc) for track recording. This leads to the following behavior: If you start recording on the pro version  and open the beta, suddenly both are recording. And both use different pause / recording state at least they indicate this.. Is there a way to lock recording to only one of the two instances? ;-)

Sadly my motorcycle vacation is almost over, so I won't be able to do a lot more testing.

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 05, 2017, 22:09:15 »
Hello, thanks for a feedback.
I have to ask, why you would like to create via-points by moving shaping points closer to existing points? Why not to directly tap on existing point and add it to plan?

Google Places fix: thanks for testing and confirmation!

Hmm using both versions at once is really not recommended. It may lead to unexpected problems like these you wrote about. No simple solution on this, sorry.

Hope you had a nice time!
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline john_percy

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: MotoG
« Reply #200 on: October 05, 2017, 22:17:51 »
The advantage of installing both versions at once is that when the beta expires and reverts to locus free functionality you can use the pro version until the next beta comes out.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Offline Andrew Heard

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy A5 Oreo, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 KitKat
« Reply #201 on: October 05, 2017, 23:30:05 »
@john_percy - I think issue is running Pro/Beta simultaneously (agree sounds like bad idea) rather than just installing both.

Offline lor74cas

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 06, 2017, 07:26:25 »
Route planner

dragging the points often is very difficult, sometimes dragging occurs when unwanted. More usable is moving the points by modify menu and using pick on the map.
For me dragging is not convenient and produces more errors than results.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 07:31:16 by lor74cas »

The following users thanked this post: tapio

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 06, 2017, 08:06:51 »
@john_percy:
yep, it was about "running" both at once as Andrew wrote. Both versions on device installed should be no problem.

@lor74cas:
what is main ( and more often ) problem here? Tap not too close to point, so it is not moving? Unwanted move instead of scroll of map? Are you playing with Route planner at home or outside during activity? How you imagine it should work, tap on point > edit > grid with options > and as result, moved point? So no dragging?
Ideas, wishes, problems

Offline lor74cas

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 06, 2017, 08:24:18 »

@menion:

what is main ( and more often ) problem here?
unwanted drag or missing dragging in the same way

Tap not too close to point, so it is not moving?
usually not but sometimes moving the map does it by accident

Unwanted move instead of scroll of map?
yes
 Are you playing with Route planner at home or outside during activity?
At home, but with gps fix most ot time
 How you imagine it should work, tap on point > edit > grid with options > and as result, moved point? So no dragging?
Yes, this sequence always works and does not create problems, but this is my experience with the small screen of my device. I do not know if other beta testers had any problems with dragging.

Offline Andrew Heard

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy A5 Oreo, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 KitKat
« Reply #205 on: October 06, 2017, 11:15:37 »
I do not know if other beta testers had any problems with dragging. [/b]
@lor74cas - I mostly use tap > Edit position rather than drag but drag does have advantage of quickly creating a Shaping point. If I drag by accident just tap the Undo button. Seems like good compromise to me.

Offline Shara97

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 06, 2017, 11:26:45 »

Answered in PM in Italian

thanks lor ;-)
shara

Offline lor74cas

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 06, 2017, 12:45:45 »
I do not know if other beta testers had any problems with dragging. [/b]
@lor74cas - I mostly use tap > Edit position rather than drag but drag does have advantage of quickly creating a Shaping point. If I drag by accident just tap the Undo button. Seems like good compromise to me.
Dragging a point is very difficult on my small screen, but I have many unwanted drags. Dragging, to me, only works when I do not need it  >:(

Offline matmas

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung GS2
« Reply #208 on: October 06, 2017, 13:59:34 »
I love dragging and it works fine and fast most of the times

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 06, 2017, 15:41:18 »
Quite surprising @lor74cas. I'm from time to time test Locus Map on older SGS2!! so did it now just for sure and all is absolutely fluent and perfectly working ( Route planner ). So personally do not see big problem here. I'm aware that problem may comes on new but less powerful phones.
I'm anyway sorry, for now dragging is a core feature and definitely can't be simply disabled. We may think about some "planning without dragging mode", enabled over settings, that should allow to control these points over "edit" button and disable also drag feature. For this, I'll anyway need topic on help desk & few more votes to be sure, it's not just a "one-men problem". Thanks for understanding.
Btw. suggest to improve app performance little bit: http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:locus_performance , it should help here!
Ideas, wishes, problems