3.24 does not work with Sygic 14.0.2

Started by Peter Engels, July 11, 2017, 21:47:49

Peter Engels

Today I updated from Locus Pro 3.20.1 to the actual 3.24.3
After this update I saw that WPs are not given over to Sygic 14.0.2.

Same Problem was existing 1-2 years ago after an Update. (and was fixed after some discussions)
Many people still have Sygic 14.0 because this was the last Version which supported also Coordinates as Target.
It would be great, if this functionallity is working again in the next version, because I downgraded to 3.20.1 some mins ago.
  •  

Menion

Good day Peter,

I'm just trying it with latest version of Sygic app and it seems to work correctly.

What you request is some backward compatibility with old version Sygic? I'm sorry, but it is not possible to support all possible old versions of other apps.

What I may suggest is to choose in navigation menu ( bottom navigation icon at point detail ) option "Navigation apps" at bottom. Here should be able to choose Sygic as well. This method use a little bit different tool how to communicate with Sygic, so hope it will work for you.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jcalonsol

Quote from: menion on July 12, 2017, 13:23:00
Good day Peter,

I'm just trying it with latest version of Sygic app and it seems to work correctly.

What you request is some backward compatibility with old version Sygic? I'm sorry, but it is not possible to support all possible old versions of other apps.

What I may suggest is to choose in navigation menu ( bottom navigation icon at point detail ) option "Navigation apps" at bottom. Here should be able to choose Sygic as well. This method use a little bit different tool how to communicate with Sygic, so hope it will work for you.
Thanks. It also works for copilot.
  •  

jcalonsol

Quote from: jcalonsol on August 22, 2017, 10:36:25
Quote from: menion on July 12, 2017, 13:23:00
Good day Peter,

Thanks. It also works for copilot.
It worked. It doesn't anymore.
Locus last version (3.26.2) and copilot 10 (10.4.1.446)
  •  

Menion

Hello,
what exactly means "it does not work anymore"?
  •  

jcalonsol

Hello.

I used the locus search function to search for locations and, for car navigation, I shared the location from locus to copilot.

In previous versions it did work, copilot would locate the gps location sent by locus. Unfortunately it seems not to work now. I'm sending 2 pictures.

It was very easy and comfortable to do. Now it's less easy (I have to do it by hand.)

Thanks anyhow.
  •  

Menion

Hello,
and how you share location to Copilot? By "Other map apps" on first screenshot?

You may give a try to tap on found place (or long click on the map), tap on popup label that appear and from bottom navigation menu choose Copilot. May you try it? Thanks
  •  

jcalonsol

Quote from: menion on November 07, 2017, 07:13:51
Hello,
and how you share location to Copilot? By "Other map apps" on first screenshot?

You may give a try to tap on found place (or long click on the map), tap on popup label that appear and from bottom navigation menu choose Copilot. May you try it? Thanks
Hello, Menion.

Yes, using your procedure (select a point, navigate to... Copilot), it does work very well. Thank you.

When using the other method (Sharing to "other map apps") it doesn't. But the other way is just fine.

Thanks a lot and best regards.
Carlos
  •  

Menion

Perfect, glad to hear it.
Locus Map use suggested method for sharing location (button "Other map apps") recommended by Google (https://developer.android.com/guide/components/intents-common.html#Maps), so in this case I believe, that problem is on Copilot side.
Anyway I'm glad that direct start of application over menu in point detail works. Have a nice day.
  •  

jcalonsol

Quote from: menion on November 07, 2017, 08:10:50
Perfect, glad to hear it.
Locus Map use suggested method for sharing location (button "Other map apps") recommended by Google (https://developer.android.com/guide/components/intents-common.html#Maps), so in this case I believe, that problem is on Copilot side.
Anyway I'm glad that direct start of application over menu in point detail works. Have a nice day.
Understood. Thank you.
Have a nice day you too.
  •