Priority key for offline maps and themes

Started by jusc, July 01, 2017, 12:18:25

jusc

Since a while Mapsforge offers the priority key for better arranging tags like town names before other tags.
Is it possible to implement it into Locus maps rendering engine?
Regards J.

michaelbechtold

The target and measurement is set by Cruiser - it uses a separate layer to deal with Settlement tags/names. And it does not screw up a single one. In locus, you get omitted ones, not sure if cut off in the middle of the name also happens. Time for Menion to talk to Emux ... PLEASE.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: jusc on July 01, 2017, 12:18:25
Since a while Mapsforge offers the priority key for better arranging tags like town names before other tags.
Is it possible to implement it into Locus maps rendering engine?
yes please - often difficult trying to determine town names at present
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Viajero Perdido

I would love to see this fixed!

Town names, national parks, etc. are often truncated or missing entirely.  It's especially noticeable with nature reserves with long names, which get truncated regularly.
  •  

Menion

Don't talk me about this. I also sometimes feels little angry during zoom in/out system when trying to discover some name on the map. And this "angry" (on my side) is required here, to change something that needs more work, like this one :).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Quote from: menion on July 01, 2017, 18:46:23
Don't talk me about this. I also sometimes feels little angry during zoom in/out system when trying to discover some name on the map. And this "angry" (on my side) is required here, to change something that needs more work, like this one :).
Maybe also a good chance to work on horizontal display of information in case of rotated map...
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: menion on July 01, 2017, 18:46:23

Have you looked at the "seperate" Label Layer that Emux uses in Cruiser ? The only solution I know that really properly respects the OSM data and the theme.
  •