[MANUAL] - creating custom screen

Started by Menion, May 11, 2011, 12:32:04

gynta

riju

Hi Menion,

thanks for providing this great application! (I used to be an Ozi fan now switching to Locus .. )

I'm currently working to create a custom screen to be used for flying - (see picture)
As I want to use the screen on various devices (Galaxy, eeePad) I started to use the units (dp) for widget sizes and (sp) for textSize and I have realized that (sp) does not seem to be recognized (no change in textSize) - see the attached zip file - ... is there anything I'm doing wrong?
In addition I took an attempt to use resources to easily change colors, sizes, and language ... does this work? if so how?
Do you plan to offer more actions like: start recording, stop recording, center GPS position on map?
Is there a way to change the way the time is displayed e.g. without showing the units like 12:05:45 ?
Proposal create something similar to the formatting provided for altitude, speed .. - proposal {h}{m}{s}

I know it's a lot of stuff but you can tell I really like to use it :-)

[attachment=0:2xi0u0ge]screenshot (Custom).jpg[/attachment:2xi0u0ge]
  •  

Menion

very very nice ...

I really plan to expand "Custom screen" a lot ... this is just a "Beta" version to discover if there will be interest for such feature. I see a huge potential in this, so I'll for sure work on this at start of next year!

(also, do you use OpenAir data?)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

riju

thanks for your reply.
I'm looking forward to any updates!

The map shown on the screen is a "scanned and calibrated" version of an ICAO map - I have used Oziexplorer to calibrated it and mapc2mapc to convert it to SQlite -
In parallel I'm working to create a OSM based vector map for flying, which merges OSM data and AirPath Data for airspace info (I have already written a converter to translate AirPath into OSM format using some custom tags.)

I will post a sample in seperate OSM threat as soon as it is available
  •  

bebe814

Hi riju,
I'm interested if you succeed in vector map for flying. I was trying to create one with GPSBabel but finaly I found out there will be so many information with lot of overlayed airspaces (TMA, TSA, CTR ...) and locus have no ability to filter(turn on/off) layers and also navigation to point stored in .map is not possible (as far as I know) .So I end up with POI for airports and OpenAir files for airspaces (loaded/filtered through map item manager).  Also missing (or not found so far - i'm relatively new user) functionality to search for points in POI (or in .map when offline) I can only select them from map

@menion: would be possible in map item manager to let user to select more files and then confirm (at the moment after selection dialog closes immediately - it's not so comfort when you have 15 openair files)
  •  

riju

Hi bebe,

still working on it - will create a different threat - somewhere in the OSM context. (Major challenge is that the required renderers do not support custom tags that are required for Airpath data) (will keep you posted)

Hi Menion,
any progress on addition capabilities for custom screens? I would love to continue working on it.
What I would be looking for is to include buttons to control Locus in my screen as well as some Odo Meters

Hope to hear from you soon
  •  

cahillcahill

There is a little problem of graphics size and text size. Anyways good!
  •  

Menion

hello Guys,
  I was waiting some time with updates of Custom screens. Main reason was, that there was no possibility to simply publish such screens to people. Anyway now exist Locus Shop and even if there is not yet some simple possibility to publish some your works by your own, I can do it for you.

So, if you have some nice screen, you would like to publish to people, I can do it for you by Locus shop. There is many possibilities like links to some screenshot, web page and for some interesting - possibility to sell some created screen (also or icons, etc ...) over Locus Shop. In this case, contact me by PM. I just warn, that I still don't have perfect system on such tasks so it may take some time till I react anyway adding Custom screen skins for free, is task for few minutes ...
  •  

riju

Hello menion,

thank you for the update -
Before publishing my screens I would like to add some of the features I have mentioned in earlier posts.
By when do you expect these types of features to be available - (e.g. additional actions that can be used on custom screens)
  •  

Menion

hmm I have no specific plan for this (time plan I think). Tomorrow I would like to release new version so I think that during next week, I should start some works also on these custom screens ... I'll let you know in this topic when something change
  •  

gynta

i miss some custom screens in Locus Shop.
offtopic: i miss some other cursors (images) in Locus Shop.

Menion

Quote from: rijuHi Menion,

thanks for providing this great application! (I used to be an Ozi fan now switching to Locus .. )

I'm currently working to create a custom screen to be used for flying - (see picture)
As I want to use the screen on various devices (Galaxy, eeePad) I started to use the units (dp) for widget sizes and (sp) for textSize and I have realized that (sp) does not seem to be recognized (no change in textSize) - see the attached zip file - ... is there anything I'm doing wrong?
In addition I took an attempt to use resources to easily change colors, sizes, and language ... does this work? if so how?
Do you plan to offer more actions like: start recording, stop recording, center GPS position on map?
Is there a way to change the way the time is displayed e.g. without showing the units like 12:05:45 ?
Proposal create something similar to the formatting provided for altitude, speed .. - proposal {h}{m}{s}

I know it's a lot of stuff but you can tell I really like to use it :-)

Hi Riju, so:

1. "sp" now works correctly!
2. added support for style.xml and color.xml files ;) - uff
3. added support for actionClick - now you can attach to Button or newly to ImageButton (so here is possibility to use "src" tag) action. Available are start/stop/pause track record, zoom in/out and center tu current location
4. added possibility to display time without units
5. languages are little bit problematic so I created solution that I'll display list of supported strings that will be in application converted to correct text from translated strings
  •  

myhi

Hi Menion

I'm a big fan of your great app. I am planning to go on a desert trip with my 4x4 buddies and your app will hopefully guide us through the Sahara desert in Northern Africa... ;-)
Right now I'm working on some custom screens which should be useful for offroad navigation by car (guiding along a track).
Maybe I will post them here, once they are ready to be used by other people.

But ATM I am having some troubles with the newest version of Locus (v2.2.0):
Whenever I open my custom screens for the second time (I think they then load from "/cache" directory) I get the following error: "Problem with skin - wrongly extracted".
I'm not shure if thats my fault, or maybe there is a little bug (or even a new feature) in this version of Locus. ;-)

Also the release notices say the following: "6.add: many improvements in Custom screens system" and I am curious, if there is some new custom screen functionality in this new version... :-) could not find any documentation for now. =)

Greetings from Switzerland
Myhi
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  I'll wrote more tomorrow ... hope :) But you can download My Tracks skin from Locus Shop. You'll there see changes. Mainly support for color and style files and support for some components like tables, imageViews etc ... :)

and about error. Sorry for that but I still have no idea how to fix it. Problem is causing extracting from zip to cache/customScreen directory ... so to correct work in you case usually help restart or deleting cache/customScreen (or something like this) ... I'll look at it ...
  •  

riju

Hi menion
Thank you so much for adding the additional capabilities.
Where can I find the related manual e.g. how to use the new features or time or actions and formats?
Regards
Richard
  •