JPG Photo point without gps data in exif or ipct metadata

Started by lor74cas, June 21, 2017, 19:15:55

lor74cas

Hello,
My wife took some photo point in Locus.
(I do not operate in such way this is why it's the first time I noticed it)  As usual at home I collect all the images of all devices together and I geotag all possible pictures with the recorded tracks.
I expected to find the longitude and latitude already set in the photo point of Locus. But verified with irfanview and exiftools there is nothing. I suggest to apply this data in the photo point jpg because it's useful when you archive a lot of jpg in a folder on your pc you can always know where you took the picture.

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

Hmm interesting. I was checking some photos few days ago and had similar experience. Interesting is, that Locus should do this for quite a long time (inserting coordinates).

I'm going to check it, thanks ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

Thanks for this. It seems to be some issue in Android 6/7. Source code in Locus that write coordinates into images was last changed in October of 2016, so I'm surprised that no one noticed this earlier.

I've anyway found an alternative library that seems to write exif data correctly. So thanks for a bug report, should be solved in next version.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

lor74cas

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •