[APP] - version 3.24.+ ( 31. 5. 2017 )

Started by Menion, May 31, 2017, 14:48:21

Menion

@Andrew Heard: good observation with click on point ... fixed!
Is click on track in "Route planner" useful at all? Maybe it isn't and should be completely disabled ... let's try it.
And restoring presets from backup ... you are correct. I'll delete content of "presets" directory in case of restoring presets from backup file, thanks!

@alezy: hmm perfect news, glad to read it.
About "removing" tools ... there should be visible at top two buttons ... cancel (cross) / ok. You do not see it?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

alezy

@menion, yes, I see them. I think there are must be option in three dot menu to close  "modify track" mode without saving data, sometime I want just to play with track shape, no to save it.
Another two issues with "Modify track" mode:
1. I have five point track, I select the third point, when I select "remove all before" Locus says that it will remove points 1-2, thats correct, but it highlights only one track segment between points 1 and 2 (that's NOT correct), and after I hit OK it removes point 1 and 2 and two track segments (that's correct). The same with "remove all after".
2. I have track with two overlapped points (almost exactly, so zoom wouldn't help), and there is not possible to delete these points, or to move them. See screen
  •  

Menion

Quote from: alezy on July 26, 2017, 09:03:47
@menion, yes, I see them. I think there are must be option in three dot menu to close  "modify track" mode without saving data, sometime I want just to play with track shape, no to save it.
Why this? Please explain me some use-case, because I can't imagine why should I cut part of track without need to save it. It will be big technical complication, so I need really serious reason for this :). Thanks.

Highlight of track .. thanks, I'll fix it,

Overlapped points, this is more interesting. I've disabled clicking on multiple points a few weeks ago, because it was quite dangerous and caused only unwanted moving of unwanted points. Now with undo/redo feature, this may not be so big problem anymore. I'll try to improve it somehow, thanks!
  •  

alezy

Quote from: menion on July 26, 2017, 11:18:40
Why this? Please explain me some use-case, because I can't imagine why should I cut part of track without need to save it.
When cutting part of track I didn't see the final track shape, so for me it is better to have ability to discard all editing of track. Or in "modify track" mode I can delete point with top "Point tools menu" with additional question "delete Yes/No" that places over track but can't restore point deleted by accident.
After splitting tracks they have modification date set to 1970 year (but named with the current date).
After splitting M shaped track by center point, I've merged two tracks back with "merge with gaps enabled" and third segment is lost (with interesting effect, try it) :(, without gaps option or with little change points position all becomes ok
  •  

Menion

Thanks for explanation. I still hope, that such feature won't be necessary, thanks for understanding. If you expect some more complicated editing operations, suggest to make a copy of track before.

Problem with date after split, fixed.
Problem with merge with gaps, fixed, thanks
  •  

LocusUser#1

Latest beta: 3.24.3.12
New function "automatic save & restore for route planner"

I can not find a way to delete the route in the planner completely.
Not every route I plan with it is then also saved.
How can I open the route planner without getting the last route displayed again?
  •  

Menion

Yes I was thinking about this need ... is it really happen during common usage that you don't want to restore previous unsaved route? I wasn't sure.

Current solution is fast clicking on "- routepoint" button in bottom left or long click on same button. I still fight with "OK" button at top which I don't like also, so it will need some better solution ... thanks
  •  

LocusUser#1

Quote from: menion on July 28, 2017, 10:42:54
I still fight with "OK" button at top which I don't like also, so it will need some better solution ... thanks

For me, it would be most logical
a.) the OK button is removed and
b.) then when I use the back button above left corner, a question dialog "saved yes / no" is come.

•  

Menion

Oki, thanks. I believe I have found one quite nice solution, so you will see in next Beta version ;).
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: LocusUser#1 on July 28, 2017, 11:52:09
Quote from: menion on July 28, 2017, 10:42:54
I still fight with "OK" button at top which I don't like also, so it will need some better solution ... thanks

For me, it would be most logical
a.) the OK button is removed and
b.) then when I use the back button above left corner, a question dialog "saved yes / no" is come.
Optimize even further, and make consistent with other Locus dialogs - assume most common use-case is user wants to save their route
a) remove OK button and just always save when tap Back button
b) discard/ don't save if Discard tapped from ... top menu
LM4.21.1.5 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

ta-ka

Hello menion,

I would like to ask one improvement on 'Modify track' while editing recorded tracks.  Could you make to show the recorded time of the selected track point on the edit screen? For example, there is a enough space between track point name and (i) icon for that as shown in the first image.

Reason:
When I determine the point to apply edit command like 'cut part of track', 'split' and etc..., I always take into account the recorded time of the track point as well as the position. With the conventional 'Edit on map', the recorded time of the track point can be directly seen on the map screen, as shown in the second image. (Settings > Maps > Points & Tracks > Tracks popup content > 'Distance to GPS, Recorded time' have to be enabled). It is very handy to determine the exact track point because by simply tapping forward/backward track point button, the recorded time of the next/prev point can be flawlessly seen on the map screen without opening track points detail screen.

•  

Menion

@Andrew Heard: I'm trying with this feature (save when close and restore on open) solve problem with occasional need to change map, display some points etc, during planning. Back button that always display "save track" screen, may be really disturbing I believe.

What about such change ...

It's easy to find, easy to work with and enough flexible to add another features if needed. Also keeps current save/restore system and prevent accidental tap on "ok" button on top when you wanted to tap on "menu" button. It also opens with "swipe" from left so it's quite quick.

@ta-ka: thanks, agree, I've added it also to this new editor, thanks
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
if you find a while, please click me here your preferences about track statistics you find most interesting and useful. It is for my information to make me some decisions easier. Thank you!
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
is in rest of Europe also such hot like in Czech during last days? It is even too much on bike. Well at least time for new Beta ;).

Release is planned on next Wednesday, so feel free to write me, if there will be any problem. I have temporary disabled new route planner & track editor features, because they need some more tests and improvements and I do not want to publish them yet officially. Thanks!
  •  

Andrew Heard

LM4.21.1.5 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •