Language Switcher for Multilingual Mapsforge Maps gone?

Started by kech61, May 03, 2017, 16:40:14

kech61

Hi,

I tried to test the new Mapsforge V4 Multilingual maps, I'm just going to release, with Locus and cant find the language switcher any more.
As I tested the V4-maps a year ago the switcher was located in the mapmanager in action menu right of the mapname. When I klick on "Details" the languages available in the map are shown but I cant switch between those.

I'm pretty shure that I miss something, where is the language switcher located in the latest version of Locus?

The ML-Maps for testing can be found at OAM-Website / Downloads - klick on the "+" symbol left of the mapname and then on the red download button.
... unzip, copy, aso...

Best regards/ Grüsse
Christian
www.openandromaps.org
  •  

Menion

Hello Christian,
language selection was moved to global settings for vector maps in menu > settings > maps - advanced. Check it and let me know if there will be any problem.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

kech61

Hi Menion,

For me, the solution to switch the maplanguage in the mapmanager was the better one.
Reason: Not every map includes (eg) the german language (Asian Countrys) and there are loads of languages possible for the maps, more than a complete list ist compfortable to seach/chose from.

So you have to go to the mapmanager, look what languages are included in the map, go back to settings and chose the language (if it exists in the list).

In Israel/Syria there are he,ar,en (hebrew isnt in the list in settings yet).
And there are a _lot_ of languages and idoms around the globe, just think of all the indogen languages in South America. I have worked through the CIA Factbook, thats really amazing :-) 
.. and really complicated cause there are different language codes depending which ISO you refer.

I'v attached an ods doc with the current OAM map-languages - a first attempt only.

Maybe there is a way to assign the language switcher to the maps (the actual loaded one) again,
maybe to be placed in the function bar or in one of the sliding sidebars?

Thanks for all your efforts
Christian

Best regards/ Grüsse
Christian
www.openandromaps.org