Can't get rid of "Locus map Initializing..." notification

Started by NickJP, April 22, 2017, 03:36:50

NickJP

Running Locus Map Pro 3.23.1 on Android 7.1.2 (Google Pixel). Every time I run Locus, I get this message in the pulldown notification area. The notification can't be dismissed by clearing notifications, and remains there after closing the Locus app. I had a look in the /Locus/logs folder on the phone's internal storage to see if I could find any information regarding an error, but there are no files in that folder. The only way to get rid of the notification is to reboot the phone.

The maps I have installed are the Locus store maps for Austria, Italy, Switzerland, and Australia. When I am using the Locus app, everything appears to work correctly, it's only that this strange notification appears every time I run the app.

Screenshot of the notification attached:

•  

Menion

Good day Nick,
quite interesting. Do you have on the map screen in top left corner icon of "Notification center"? If so, isn't there any running or failed task, like downloading maps or something like this?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

NickJP

The problem seems to be due to not removing the notification of successfully downloaded maps from the notification centre. If I don't do that, some of the maps will download again the next time I start Locus even though they were previously shown as successfully downloaded. Some screenshots (in chronological order).

1. Offline Europe maps downloaded:

2. Details of the Italy map. Everything appears fine:

3. However, notification centre shows it is still downloading the Italy map:

If I let the download complete successfully, then close the notification centre without removing any of the download notifications, then close and open Locus, I get the "Locus map initializing" msg in the pulldown notification area again and the Italy map is again downloading.

If I swipe the notifications in the notification centre in from the left to remove them before I close the notification centre, then I get rid of the problem and the map doesn't try to download again.
  •