Mi heart rate Bluetooth band

Started by UKlocusfan, April 19, 2017, 17:13:10

UKlocusfan

Hope I've got this in the right forum folks.

Looking to buy a heart rate monitor and would love it to feedback to locus.

Does anyone know if the mi band works as I can't find it on the compatibility test list.

Thinking of getting it from eBay:
Look at this on eBay  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162438119469

Any help appreciated, thank you so much.
  •  

tommi

I use the Mi Band 2.
Locus does not recognize it
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
by small accident, I've also purchased it and Hanka (wife) took me it and use it, damn :). Anyway this nice tool from what I noticed, measure HR values just form time to time or on request. So it simply cannot be used as exchange for heart rate belt.
Second side is that there is no official API, I was already looking on this. There are some un-official methods, but nothing enough stable and usable I think.
So sorry, except some vibrate notifications, I see no options how to use this together with Locus Map app.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

UKlocusfan

Thanks tommi & menion.
From from you've said menion I won't purchase one.
Cheers,
  •  

tommi

Quote from: menion on April 20, 2017, 19:43:50
Hi guys,
by small accident, I've also purchased it and Hanka (wife) took me it and use it, damn :). Anyway this nice tool from what I noticed, measure HR values just form time to time or on request. So it simply cannot be used as exchange for heart rate belt.
Second side is that there is no official API, I was already looking on this. There are some un-official methods, but nothing enough stable and usable I think.
So sorry, except some vibrate notifications, I see no options how to use this together with Locus Map app.
Hi Menion,
there is an excellent app "Mi Band tools" in the playstore developed by a Czech guy Zdenek Horak.
I use it to configure e.g. notifications from Apps to be sent to the Mi Band.
The app also allows to perform measuring heart beat either continuously or in intervals.
So there is a possibility to control all this, Zdenek seems to know...
  •  

Menion

Hmm very nice! Thanks for a tip.

Are you using it? Can't imagine to use it as valid sport tracker (heart rate monitor) during workout, but why not.

I can imagine some methods how to integrate with this application, but all needs quite a lot of time and changes, which is currently not possible.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •