Import Geocache and sort by Favourites

Started by robcarg, April 14, 2017, 09:18:43

robcarg

Hi All,

I am going on a trip and I wanted to import geocaches into Locus and then sort them by numbers of favourites.

There seems to be any option to do this but it doesn't work properly. Geocaches are still in alphabetical order.

I can sort the caches by favourite in a pocket query on the geocaching website but this order is lost when I import.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Robcarg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

•  

balloni55

Hi robcarg
import your geocaches, open folder/click in bottom panel middle button(3lines)/geocaching/Sort by Favorite
have fun :)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

robcarg

Hi Balloni,
Thanks but I already tried this and it didn't work. Attached is a screenshot of what happens when I follow your instruction... caches are just listed in reverse- alphabetical order.
Any other ideas?

•  

balloni55

QuoteAny other ideas?
none of the caches in your screenshot show any favorite point!
so "show all" (blue eye) next run "update caches"
now favorite points should be visible
if so, follow steps from my first answer

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

robcarg

Thank you Balloni55, that is the perfect answer!

I looked into this a bit more earlier and have discovered the following

What I wanted to do was to create a Pocket Query that is centred in Oslo and to then export those results into Locus. I did this by exporting a GPX file and then imported the file into Locus. Then I tried to sort the data by favourite but it did not work. I think the reason is that the exported GPX does not contain favourite data.

I have previously imported a Bookmark List into Locus by using Geocaching4Locus app. This appears to bring in the favourite data. However, you cannot build a Bookmark List that will search like a Pocket Query.

In summary, the way to do it is:
1. Create Pocket query to search exactly the way you want
2. Export the GPX
3. Import the GPX into Locus, put in suitable folder
4. Look at the Points in the folder, click on Spanner symbol, then ^ symbol and Update caches
5. Click on middle button on bottom row and select Geocaching and Sort by Favourite

Thanks to you Balloni55 for your help!
  •  

balloni55

you are right,
some service is only done by GC4L
i also recomment to run the "offlinizer" so you have all pictures/spoilers for offline use on your device :D
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

BTW
if you run "caches arround" inside GC4L with disabeled GPS and centered map to your favorite place it should load favorite points direct, just an idea - i havn´t tried it ;)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

what i just noticed.
Quote1. Create Pocket query to search exactly the way you want
2. Export the GPX
3. Import the GPX into Locus, put in suitable folder
you can import your PQ direct into locus > menue/more/Geocaching tools/load PQ´s
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

robcarg

Thanks, will try these alternatives.

•  

robcarg

Importing the PQs direct from Locus works... thanks again Balloni55, I did not know about that option.

•