New Presets feature

Started by eldron, April 09, 2017, 21:41:38

eldron

Hi,
now that the weather is starting to get better, Locus gets used more again as well.
So I finally sat down and had a proper look at the new presets feature - and it´s just awesome!
One click and i´m in cycling mode - with my cycling dashboard, map rotation and lots of other settings that are useful when biking. Another click and I´m back in hiking mode. Thanks a lot for this feature!
I know it´s still in beta status, but I´d like to ask for two more presets:
1) Hardware compass on / off - I prefer the hardware (magnetic) compass when hiking, but with map rotation on whilst riding the bike the GPS compass works better.
2) Track recording profile - Logically i´d want my hiking profile when i´m hiking and my biking profile when i´m cycling.

I know I can easily change those settings with a couple of clicks - but hey, it´s the whole point of the presets that I don´t have to anymore, isn´t it?

Keep up the great work!
  •  

Menion

Good day eldron,
hardware compass ... ah, I've forget on it. I wanted to add it as well, thanks for remind.

connection to track recording, watch these topics:  http://help.locusmap.eu/search/tag%3Apresets , mainly the second one contains this idea as well. Unfortunately some people not yet understand that these ideas has sense only when they define single task and not such big general "more settings" ... anyway something around presets & track recording will be done in near future for sure!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

eldron

@Menion
You are the best, I´ll just wait until it´s implemented. Even as it is, the new presets are already a big help. I think this new feature has great potential for everyone who uses Locus for more than one activity.

zossebart

Quote from: menion on April 09, 2017, 22:11:35
Unfortunately some people not yet understand that these ideas has sense only when they define single task and not such big general "more settings"

ok, I feel somewhat addressed by this statement ;-)

Sorry, I created this general idea because I did not want to clutter the helpdesk. So you suggest creating  a separate idea per setting to vote and discuss on?
  •  

Menion

Ah, it's yours :). Yep, I believe it is better. More separated topics, all with simple title and tag "presets", allows to see which specific settings users want's and I may simply decline some of them, implement some of them with ease.

For example I just made a "Compass settings" to presets. But because "change theme-style" is really really complicated, almost impossible for now, this topic may never be completed even a part is already done. Because of this I feel it's more logical to split bigger tasks to more smaller.

And "cluttered" help desk .. understand. For me, there is still missing something like "most active tags", which should filter out similar topics that are currently "active". Hope this will come later ... thanks for understanding.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Could all files for a theme be copied and some renamed to "create" a new theme with different settings as preset workaround?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: Andrew Heard on April 10, 2017, 22:25:12
Could all files for a theme be copied and some renamed to "create" a new theme with different settings as preset workaround?
I'm sure they could and I'm going to try it some day soon. Only hanging on in case Menion comes up with a proper solution that does not need a workaround.  ;)
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

Hmm this will be little complicated. I'll try to look at it but cannot promise ...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

•