[APP] - version 3.23.+ ( 3. 4. 2017 )

Started by Menion, April 06, 2017, 11:47:16

Menion

Hmm for me it looks more like that on tap, whole list appear. When you start a scroll, it just jump from bottom to top of screen. Maybe some "full screen problem" again? Where this list appear on screen is anyway not in my control ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

It does indeed appear related to full screen mode although I can say I've never seen any list anywhere else display this behavior. It only happens on the phone, and never before today, I can't reproduce the bug on a tablet in full screen mode.

Is 3.23.2 Pro weather using the source "Dark Sky"? Local forecast https://darksky.net/forecast/-42.8895,147.2709/si12/en is not as accurate (or anyway different) to official government forecast http://www.bom.gov.au/places/tas/hobart/. The temperature minimums are all higher by 2..4 degrees. The windspeeds are far worse - half the proper forecast which as a cyclist would be very annoying. Maybe more accurate in Europe than Australia? Meteo appears closer forecast to official forecast. Oh well.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

balloni55

QuoteAll works for me. Please, some step-by-step method to simulate your issue, thanks.
ok, it work if i add/modify values under presets/profil 3-dot button/edit
EDIT:  this is only possible in "advanced mode"
but if i do modification in opened preset via  menu > settings > maps - advanced > auto-zoom it isnĀ“t stored
so for me it lead to confusion
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Ah I hoped this system is already clear to all, seems not ;).

There is nothing like "active preset". Configuration defined in preset is simply loaded when you tap on "Preset". And this is all ... here all work of "Preset" system ends!! It just overwrite current app settings with settings defined in preset, dot.

So when you later change anything in Locus > settings, it will never be copied back to last used preset. Hope it is more clear now.

@Andrew Heard: Weather in public version is still old good "World Weather Online" service. "Dark Sky" is used only in new version that is available for now only in Beta version.
I can offer to use more services for various regions, but seems for example that your government service does not have any public API for developers.
I started to work on this mainly because this idea, that I want to do already for many years. Unfortunately pricing of World Weather Online is quite expensive so it was not possible. With Dark Sky, it's no problem anymore.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteHope it is more clear now.
of course for me now ;)
i think if you set "advanced mode" as default, this problem didnt appeare to users as me :)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on May 01, 2017, 13:48:00
There is nothing like "active preset". Configuration defined in preset is simply loaded when you tap on "Preset". And this is all ... here all work of "Preset" system ends!! It just overwrite current app settings with settings defined in preset, dot.
@menion - I am very happy with the Preset system. I understand & accept the current mechanism. It is a great time saving feature. Regards this "active" preset discussion... from a user's point of view this concept of "active" seems intuitive and reasonable to me. So here is a very minor suggestion: when a preset is selected it becomes the active preset. This simply means the preset name is highlighted in red in the preset list, as was tried in one earlier beta version until any active preset setting and corresponding global setting later become different (because user modifies either setting) there is no longer any active preset. The advantage of this suggestion: user can quickly see from preset list which settings are active. At present I workaround this lack of active preset by having preset name linked 1:1 to text field in each dashboard.

Quote from: menion on May 01, 2017, 13:48:00
@Andrew Heard: Weather in public version is still old good "World Weather Online" service. "Dark Sky" is used only in new version that is available for now only in Beta version.
@menion - your URL link didn't work, but I retrieved from HTML - http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/wheather-information-in-tracks. At present in Locus Beta 3.23.2 the Weather function can't be selected - marked as Pro function. I'll wait for 3.23.2.1 to compare "Dark Sky". Thanks.

freischneider

I find Preset also good but is understandable for a few. For practice and understanding, my suggestion is better.

http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/add-recording-profile-to-presets
Post 2 weeks ago: Idea is also good . An idea like Locus could work:.......

What do you think about that ?
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

@balloni55: missing translation, thanks!

@Andrew Heard: I'm still not sure about highlight of "last loaded" preset, I'll think about it, thanks for a tip. And yes, please wait on next Beta, it will be extended to end of June and new weather screen will be working there.

@freischneider : I'm well aware that some "automatic system" how presets & navigation & track recording should work, is really needed. I'm just not yet sure, how to do it ...

freischneider

@ Menion: Good to know so you think so. You're not sure how to program it or not be sure how the process should be.
I have a lot of good thoughts about the process and the structure.
So that it can be designed individually for everyone. And so it is flexible and can be changed quickly. Changing the settings 1. Permanent (default) 2. Only temporarily (temporary)
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion - have any Locus internal BRouter profiles changed since Locus 3.19? I ask because I was going to incorporate the Locus special "meta fields" %fastprofile%, %avoid_motorways%, %avoid_toll%, %avoid_unpaved%, %is_wet% into my external BRouter profiles for similar control. I have a copy of the 10 profiles from v3.19. Thanks.
  •  

john_percy

Since the latest update, for me Locus often loses the last map used and opens to a blank (light) map.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

freischneider

•  

Menion

Hi guys,
new Beta version just uploaded on Google Play.

@Andrew Heard: no worry, there were no changes in BRouter profiles

@john_percy: it rarely happen to me as well, if you find any key how to simulate it on request, let me know

I won't be here for a longer time ( 14 days ). I'll try to communicate over mobile , but cannot promise any changes in code etc. Hope you will have a fine time, weather seems to finally be better, so enjoy coming summer!!
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on May 05, 2017, 17:59:44
@Andrew Heard: no worry, there were no changes in BRouter profiles
@menion - good. Thank you. Enjoy your holidays.
  •