[APP] - version 3.23.+ ( 3. 4. 2017 )

Started by Menion, April 06, 2017, 11:47:16

Andrew Heard

Hi @menion - I've experienced this unfiltered rotation jitter in 3.22.0 Pro and 3.23.0 Pro. I will test with 3.23.0.1 today & report back. I have just uploaded screen recording of 3.23.0 Pro rotation jitter from 28th March to https://youtu.be/0GXeEQIii_4. I could not reproduce the issue just now while standing still. Maybe only occurs when auto mode switches from GPS back to hardware compass?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Did somebody say compass jitter?  I'd been meaning to come here and [cough!] point it out, but it seems like you already know about it.

With the current Pro non-beta (as of 6 days ago), walking to a cache (above the threshold speed) caused the compass to orient incorrectly (not to the direction of travel) and/or swing wildly, whether I had hardware compass enabled or not.  And on a cloudy day I couldn't resort to the sun indicator to make sense of it.

I'm encouraged to hear you've probably already fixed it.  :)
  •  

Andrew Heard

Can't reproduce hardware compass jitter in 3.23.1 Pro.
  •  

Menion

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

c.s.g.

What means
"chg: settings of compass (needs re-set!)"
in update notes for Locus  3.23.1 Pro?

c.s.g.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteWhat means
after update to current version
setting/sensors/Compass/is set to "Hardware compass" as default???
so it´s a info if user use normaly other settings like me ;) i allways use "Auto-change"
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

c.s.g.

Thank you for help. I thought of something like recalibration of the hardware compass.

c.s.g.
  •  

Menion

So seems that compass finally after years works fast and stable, hmmm nice :).

@gynta & @Michal , please consider update of translation of this "text" in app: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/urls-in-point-descriptions-embraced-as-cdata-are-not-displayed-as-links#comment-39059 . I personally do not feel like a big problem.

Better should be an update of this system. Hmm what about place into exported description something like
<!-- locus_ignore:start --> ... description here ... <!-- locus_ignore:end -->
and everything between these comments should not be imported. Hmm smart ... :)
  •  

Bucky Kid

Hello there, the new styles for planning a route I'm not too pleased with. Both straight line and computed route are too thin thus poorly visible on map. Especially the middle handle point is hardly localizable.
Could I have the old style back? Or possibility to control both styles/line weights by user preference. Thanks.

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Bucky Kid on April 17, 2017, 21:39:34
Hello there, the new styles for planning a route I'm not too pleased with. Both straight line and computed route are too thin thus poorly visible on map. Especially the middle handle point is hardly localizable.
Could I have the old style back? Or possibility to control both styles/line weights by user preference. Thanks.
@Bucky Kid - check the new settings, lines are much improved in my experience. Can you be more specific how you are creating the track line - A) Navigate To B) Add New Route C) BRouter? I've tried to reproduce but all seems good.
  •  

Bucky Kid

Hi Andrew, what new settings do you mean? I can't find any relative to route planning. I suppose the style for planned track is hard defined.
Creating track via Add new track & measurement with compute route segments... - connector lines (magenta) much thinner then with older versions, also computed track preview.  Once saved into category the track already adapts defined style for category but before save all lines are too thin and that style is nowhere customizable.

•  

Andrew Heard

In the last major version it is now possible to define full style for track being recorded. That is what I was referring to but I now guess you are not referring to this feature - sorry. With Add new track & measurement I do not notice the magenta connector lines are thinner although I hardly use this method anymore now that BRouter is integrated nicely with Navigate To method.
  •  

Bucky Kid

Fixed, the style of created track is controlled by Settings → Maps → Points and Tracks → Track width.
For some reason it was reset to 3px. After increasing the width, built up track is well visible again.
  •  

Menion

*** Beta 3.23.1.3 ***
just uploaded to Google Play. Mainly bug-fixes

@Bucky Kid: please check your problem in latest Beta. If lines will still be too thin, you may modify it in settings > maps - points/tracks > track width . This affect this "width" as well.

EDIT: ah, my answer is too late. Anyway check next Beta, there will be small change that cause that 3px should be again ok :).
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Bucky Kid

balloni55

V 3.23.1.3
is there a unknown setting for width of 2-finger measure?

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •