simplify different line style settings

Started by balloni55, March 22, 2017, 19:50:57

balloni55

Hello menion
while answering question to line style in german board i noticed two settings which could/should be changed/simplyfied ;)
1. setting Guidance/Style on map >color and text size
and identically setting in
config.cfg > # color for the 'guiding' and  # font size for the 'guiding' text
are twice, i think config settings are needless.

2. Option "Navigate to"
- if Guide Mode "Navigation" is selected style on map is used from setting "Navigation"  :)
- if Guide Mode "Guidance" is selected style on map is used from setting " Maps/Points&Tracks/Tracks >Track color and width" and this isnĀ“t intuitive :-[ if user select guidance he expect line style from setting guidance or from navigation (in this case) and not from setting tracks :-[

what do you think?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

john_percy

I agree, FWIW.
Also on the same topic of these lines,
1. Although the display of the line can be defined either absolutely in px or scaled in metres, what ought to happen for use with vector maps is for the width to scale with the width of the paths and roads on the maps, that is 1.5x for each zoom level change.
2. The scaling does not work with the "shaped" line markers, such as arrows. Either it should be made to work or the drop down menu greyed out, as it is with outline on this case.
3. It might be worth considering defining a minimum width for scaled lines so they don't disappear at small zooms.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

Good evening,

@balloni55:
1. really interesting, how this happen ... .). Thanks, I've removed settings from config.cfg file. Unfortunately this reset values in app, so do not forget to set values again in app
2. well, "Navigation" change style of track completely so values in settings > navigation are used. Anyway in case of guidance, style of track is not changed!! ( only small arrows appear ). So it is not took from settings ...

@john_percy:
1. sorry, I do not understand. Scaling of vector maps in themes is not connected to style of tracks. May you please describe this to me ... more simple? Thank you :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

@menion:
My points 1 & 2 in the previous post are different observations.
Point 1. If I set the width of the track to (say) 3 metres and enlarge the map by zooming, the path that the track is following enlarges 1.5x for each step of zoom on a vector map. while the track enlarges 2x for each step of zoom.

Width = 3 metres: As I zoom in, the track appears too wide. Conversely, as I zoom out, the track gets far too narrow too quickly.

Point 2. If I select (say) chevron markers for the track and set the width of the track to 24 metres, I get exactly the same as if I set the width to 24 px. And when I zoom in or out, the track markers stay exactly the same width on screen. So Locus must be interpreting 24 metres as 24 px in this case. I've not checked whether this applies to all types of track symbol.

Width = 24 metres (or 24 px): Zooming has no effect on the width of the track.

What I want is for the track to stay the same width relative to the path on the map, and for this to work for chevrons as well as for plain lines. I guess that is asking for the width of the line or marker symbols to be defined in the equivalent of "dp" as used in vector maps themes.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

balloni55

QuoteThanks, I've removed settings from config.cfg file. Unfortunately this reset values in app, so do not forget to set values again in app
thanks, work fine with V3.23 8)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •