Basecamp GPX Import - Locus has addtional/double waypoints

Started by Pi80, March 15, 2017, 19:01:21

Pi80

Hello community,

I´m a new user with locus. I´ve got some trouble by importing GPX Files which I made in basecamp.

On basecamp everythink looks fine. When I´m showing the files via map detail on locus everything is fine, too.
But wenn i try to navigate I´ve got a straight line on direct way from end point to starting point. When I check the the waypoints via track details I see, that some waypoints are shown doube.
when i try to delete the waypoints by hand by myself i´m not able to save the file. I only can handle when i make a copy of track.. ???.

Is it a user error by mine?
  •  

Menion

Hello,
yes I have noticed this problem with tracks exported from BaseCamp as well. It is because BaseCamp export whole track as special <rte> track created from these points and also export all points into GPX file once more as separate waypoints.
To be true, I do not know how to improve this behavior. Anyway because you are the second guy during maybe an year who complain on this, it looks like BaseCamp is not much used ...

Anyway I believe that at least anyone from users here will be able to suggest any desktop application that may help here?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

c.s.g.

Hi Pi80,

I thinke possibly RouteConverter could help here. The tool detects if there are routes, tracks and waypoints in the gpx file and offers the option to delete one ore more of them. I used this feature already with gpx files but not with basecamp gpx files.

So may you attach a small gpx file for testing?

c.s.g.
  •